RCS on Pixel 4xl on T-Mobile?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Finally solved the problem ... The new scam text blocking feature on Pixel phones from Google blocks the short message codes from T-Mobile from verifying your phone number during final RCS set-up. T-Mobile called me back and provided me the following short codes for turning off scam blocking.

#634# dial - Turn off Scam ID
#632# dial - Turn off Scam Block

My phone number instantly connected once I entered these codes.

Remember to turn back on the scam blocking once you have RCS on with the following codes.

#664# Turn on Scam ID
#662# Turn on Scam Block
Nice , first I heard of that but good tip.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have RCS on T-Mobile with 4xl? It works with Google Fi on my 4xl and it works with both my 3 and 3xl on T-Mobile. I have been reviewing different forums and can't yet find anyone with 4xl on T-Mobile with RCS - anyone have it?

I have done all the standard things, cleared cache, storage on CS and M. Latest versions. Reboot, wi-fi on and off, etc.
Looks like I have it. Like it just turned on all by itself.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried activity launcher, was able to get the settings but its stuck at setting up. Disabling tmobile spam filters didn't work

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I waited for the update to be available. once it was, I updated and it worked just fine. My wife got it too on her Pixel and I see when she read a message and when she's typing. Yes, we're both on TMO.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Finally solved the problem ... The new scam text blocking feature on Pixel phones from Google blocks the short message codes from T-Mobile from verifying your phone number during final RCS set-up. T-Mobile called me back and provided me the following short codes for turning off scam blocking.

#634# dial - Turn off Scam ID
#632# dial - Turn off Scam Block

My phone number instantly connected once I entered these codes.

Remember to turn back on the scam blocking once you have RCS on with the following codes.

#664# Turn on Scam ID
#662# Turn on Scam Block
Hey!! This worked for me! Thank you!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well now it works, after I replaced my broken P4 with new one so I am guessing it needed a factory reset or something. Didnt need to enter any above codes etc, just worked right away

Ps. Got new phone, not refurbished

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well now it works, after I replaced my broken P4 with new one so I am guessing it needed a factory reset or something. Didnt need to enter any above codes etc, just worked right away

Ps. Got new phone, not refurbished

Nope I was wrong. Settings were there and everything worked, now it's gone. Maybe it has something to do with dual sim I am running (although I run voice and data through only 1 sim and both support RCS to begin with)

rbaggio00

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope I was wrong. Settings were there and everything worked, now it's gone. Maybe it has something to do with dual sim I am running (although I run voice and data through only 1 sim and both support RCS to begin with)

ive been trying to get it back working for 2 weeks and not tmobile or google have any idea what is going on, i changed from pixel 4 to oneplus 8 to pixel 4xl and none of them worked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc