Hey everyone, I am asking a question if your pixel 4 or 4xl is buggy. I upgraded from the Pixel 2xl and never had an issue. It would be weeks or even months before I had to restart my pixel 2xl. And then I didn't really have to, I just restarted it because I thought I should. But my new Pixel 4xl, (which I bought on launch day) is having issues like chrome will not connect to the internet, or when watching a video on YouTube the rewind, stop, and pause buttons will not disappear off the video, I have more issues than this, these are the main ones that bother me the most. The only way I can get these problems resolved is to do a restart. This is getting more and more often as time goes on. At 1st it was once in a great while, and now its almost everyday. Before buying the pixel 4xl I was debating on buying the Galaxy Note 10+ but decided to wait for this one. I am now wishing that I had just went ahead and bought the Note 10+. I purchased this on the Verizon monthly plan. I wish there was a way I could trade this in being its only like 2 months old, but I owe to much money against it yet.
    Is anyone else having bug issues like I am? If you are please let me know what kind of problems your having.
    Thanks.
    12-29-2019 02:57 PM
    Hey everyone, I am asking a question if your pixel 4 or 4xl is buggy. I upgraded from the Pixel 2xl and never had an issue. It would be weeks or even months before I had to restart my pixel 2xl. And then I didn't really have to, I just restarted it because I thought I should. But my new Pixel 4xl, (which I bought on launch day) is having issues like chrome will not connect to the internet, or when watching a video on YouTube the rewind, stop, and pause buttons will not disappear off the video, I have more issues than this, these are the main ones that bother me the most. The only way I can get these problems resolved is to do a restart. This is getting more and more often as time goes on. At 1st it was once in a great while, and now its almost everyday. Before buying the pixel 4xl I was debating on buying the Galaxy Note 10+ but decided to wait for this one. I am now wishing that I had just went ahead and bought the Note 10+. I purchased this on the Verizon monthly plan. I wish there was a way I could trade this in being its only like 2 months old, but I owe to much money against it yet.
    Is anyone else having bug issues like I am? If you are please let me know what kind of problems your having.
    Thanks.
    Try to clear data, cache and force stop the you tube app , what your experience is app issue that can happen on any phone .
    12-29-2019 04:27 PM
    I tried out a mcafee app that was part of device protection from T-Mobile. Mine was buggy with that running. Once removed I've had zero issues. I have a feeling that there's plenty of apps that aren't optimized for Android 10 yet
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-30-2019 07:54 AM
    The thing is I don't use many apps. I have had various cell phones for over 20 years. The only ones that were buggy was an iPhone 4s, and a HTC phone that had windows on it. I am not a heavy user. At the end of the day my phone usually has 60 to 70% battery left. I mainly use gmail, Messages, Chrome, phone, and Accuweather. Randomly Chrome will just quit working. I have internet cause I can open other apps and it works fine. And once in a great while if I open up the youtube app and play a video the pause and fast forward features will not disappear off the front of the video playing. Only a restart of the phone gets this working again. Chrome and the youtube apps should be optimized for android 10. At 1st I was really excited about this phone, but the longer I have it the more I see Google has just done enough to get by. It is not a great phone. Unless Google puts out an update to fix this very soon I will be parking this phone and getting something different. I don't want to because this phone is god awful expensive. Too much for what we get. Its a 6 or 7 hundred dollar phone and we paid $1000.00 for it. I feel so dumb.
    I have also contacted Google and they were no help. Had me restart it in safemode and run it for a while and of course everything worked fine while that was going on. Oh also I have great cell reception where I am. Full bars as a cell tower is only about a half mile away.
    So maybe I am the only one having issues and maybe I bought a bad unit, but its enough to make me angry at the purchase I made. Sorry for the rant, but hopefully this helps if someone else is having problems like I am.
    12-30-2019 10:09 AM
    Well bad programming is bad programming. Nothing you can do but try to identify the culprit. Chrome isn't crashing for others but I wouldn't think hardware issues first. I still presume it's an app. They work without you knowing in background processes.

A poorly written app may not be friendly with shared resources and lead to chrome crashing...
    12-30-2019 10:14 AM
    You could try removing chrome and do a re-install if chrome is a big issue same with YouTube. If it works fine in safe mode it’s probably some app.
    12-30-2019 12:12 PM
    "Had me restart it in safemode and run it for a while and of course everything worked fine while that was going on."

The fact that it ran fine in safe mode tells you that problem is a 3rd party app. Now you just have to find out which app is causing the problem.
    I800C0LLECT likes this.
    12-30-2019 02:14 PM
    It could also be a bad restore from your 2XL. It can happen with any device. You may just need to do a factory reset.
    hub1 and J Dubbs like this.
    12-30-2019 05:16 PM
    It could also be a bad restore from your 2XL. It can happen with any device. You may just need to do a factory reset.
    I restored from my 2XL and motion sense didn't work at all. We thought it was a faulty phone. I was going to exchange it. I then did a factory reset and set up as a new phone. Motion sense suddenly worked. It was an issue from the restore, not a hardware problem after all.
    J Dubbs and Lilybell2 like this.
    01-03-2020 02:58 AM