01-16-2020 10:20 AM
39 12
tools
    I came from a OnePlus 7 Pro, never noticed any lag on that phone and I was noticing lag within a few days on the pixel 4xl
    01-14-2020 05:08 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised to see so many people with issues. Personally, I haven't experienced any on my 4 and everything is working as expected.
    01-14-2020 05:40 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised to see so many people with issues. Personally, I haven't experienced any on my 4 and everything is working as expected.
    Honestly they lags are not that bad, and something I don't think I ever would have noticed, had I not used a OnePlus 7 Pro. The OnePlus is just so ridiculously smooth it makes every little hitch on my pixel stand out.
    01-14-2020 05:56 PM
    Also having issues with Google Assistant on the pixel4XL Doesn't pick up what I'm saying as easily as on my pixel 2. Last night I told it to navigate me home and it failed on three attempts (just didn't follow the command even though it recognised what I said). I tried three different ways of activating: voice command, Squeezing and swiping from the bottom. In general I'm finding GA slower not faster.
    Face unlock seems to work fine for me.
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    01-14-2020 08:48 PM
    It is lagging in a way my pixel 2xl never has. I don't want to reset the phone as I have set it up the way I like it. And it will take blinking hours to set it up again.

But the Google assistant often ignored what I am saying. Not sure if that's not a problem with my Lenovo display as well. Perhaps GA is just being laggy right now everywhere.

It I have had to reboot my phone 2 days in a row to get it to work. And now the Huawei Health app is constantly closing on me. Grrrr.

I thought I loved this phone but it is annoying me.
    Full reset/data wipe from recovery mode will do the trick. Just make sure everything's backed up, app settings etc and it won't take long at all.
    01-14-2020 10:11 PM
    Mine has been great, no complaints on performance!
    01-14-2020 11:29 PM
    I thought after a couple of updates ago if you turned on smooth display in the settings it used 90hz?
    01-15-2020 06:02 AM
    Mine is running great. I have about 104 apps installed and have about 12 open at any given time. No lag in loading or in app performance. Face unlock works well except in a very dark setting.
    01-15-2020 01:13 PM
    Exactly why I ALWAYS put a screen protector on my phone. Glass is glass and glass will scratch, crack, break, shatter, etc. Protect it.
    Totally. Everything can scratch no matter how hard they try to prevent it with "Gorilla Glass" or whatever. Since my BlackBerry Torch and HTC Vivid days, I've literally never touched a screen without a protector on it first! Ha.

As far as the other questions, why not just keep developer options on? It's not eating up battery or anything. Also, what do you guys mean by "lag"? Like apps open a millisecond slower or something? Swiping home pages is slower? My Pixel 4 XL seems totally fine!
    01-15-2020 01:40 PM
    My assistant also sometimes ignores when i say, but it's been doing that since I had the 3xl. I wish it worked 100% of the time.
    Face unlock has been pretty unreliable, maybe worse since the update. Laying in bed it fails probably half of the time. I'm really beginning to miss the reliability of the fps. Face unlock seems to be creating more problems than it's worth.
    I agree face unlock seems to not work when I'm laying in bed for some reason. It also didn't seem to work when I was wearing a hat although that has been getting better it seems. The phone itself seems to be fine and actually has been performing quite well.I wouldn't say it was worth the premium when compared to the Pixel 2 XL which seemed to function almost just as well. I think Google should have offered much more for the price we paid. I guess we all bought it though so jokes on us.
    01-15-2020 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I will download the app Milleniumdroid linked to and I will see what happens. Funnily enough O haven't had any lag at all since I rebooted just before posting my OP.
    01-15-2020 11:26 PM
    I highly recommend https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...processmanager . This is the ONLY app that lets you see your CPU usage on modern devices without root access. When idle, my tablet shows 10% load and my Samsung phone (still blazing fast) shows 31-48%. Open the app (when the lag is happening) and wait for the indicator to stabilize and post what range it is hovering at when idle.
    I really like this app. Thank you.
    01-16-2020 03:24 AM
    The app also has a REAL cache cleaner that using permissions auto-clicks the clear cache button on every app. Similar with the task killer (which uses force stop) should you ever need that due to a rogue app.
    01-16-2020 09:57 AM
    I love my Pixel 4. It's a great phone. I've always hated Android until I got my first Pixel device last year. I haven't had any lag issues that other people have reported, but I have noticed lately that Android Auto hasn't been functioning as well as it used to. Sending a reply to someone is such a pain that it's not even worth trying. My biggest complaint with the phone is that Google is behind other companies by lacking accessories that enhance the user experience. Google branded watch and ear buds would be a perfect way to make a great experience even better, because I miss the apple watch and airpods on my iPhone.
    01-16-2020 10:20 AM
39 12