My Pixel 4XL is lagging

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It is lagging in a way my pixel 2xl never has. I don't want to reset the phone as I have set it up the way I like it. And it will take blinking hours to set it up again.

But the Google assistant often ignored what I am saying. Not sure if that's not a problem with my Lenovo display as well. Perhaps GA is just being laggy right now everywhere.

It I have had to reboot my phone 2 days in a row to get it to work. And now the Huawei Health app is constantly closing on me. Grrrr.

I thought I loved this phone but it is annoying me.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I will try it once it has finished charging. My husband says his Pixel 2xl is also lagging now. It is since the January update. Same with mine. Wonder if it is a bug?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Also I noticed face unlock is really bad since the update and I have read online that other people are having unreliable issues with face unlock since the update.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
That sucks I don't have any lag issue with mine and I have quite a bit of apps installed. I bet for sure you have a crappy app that is causing you issues. Sometimes it sucks to figure out which one. Maybe try to remember when this started and what apps you have installed or even updated recently. Sometimes could be just a bad update with bugs. Good luck I hate having to factory reset as well when I can't figure it out but sometimes that route is better than suffering the lag. Good luck.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I will try it once it has finished charging. My husband says his Pixel 2xl is also lagging now. It is since the January update. Same with mine. Wonder if it is a bug?
There's a chance that the update is still settling in and optimising in the background. Leave the phone charging overnight and see if it improves after doing its thing while idle.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My assistant also sometimes ignores when i say, but it's been doing that since I had the 3xl. I wish it worked 100% of the time.
Face unlock has been pretty unreliable, maybe worse since the update. Laying in bed it fails probably half of the time. I'm really beginning to miss the reliability of the fps. Face unlock seems to be creating more problems than it's worth.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My assistant also sometimes ignores when i say, but it's been doing that since I had the 3xl. I wish it worked 100% of the time.
Face unlock has been pretty unreliable, maybe worse since the update. Laying in bed it fails probably half of the time. I'm really beginning to miss the reliability of the fps. Face unlock seems to be creating more problems than it's worth.
I kinda agree. When I use my 2xl (backup phone) it is nice having the FPS and it just works.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It isn't lagging since my last restart. Will see how long that lasts. I used to hate Android for being laggy in the olden days. I was spoilt by my 2xl. It was the best phone I have ever owned.

Chris Topher4

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
So far no lag. Face unlock is still working well for me, though my father who looks just like me was able to unlock my phone with his face. I do wish it also had a fingerprint sensor though.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
So far no lag. Face unlock is still working well for me, though my father who looks just like me was able to unlock my phone with his face. I do wish it also had a fingerprint sensor though.

Wow interesting . Thats why im not totally sold on face unlock. Even though i do like the convenience of it.

James McCauley

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Honestly, for me my Pixel 4 has actually improved in being laggy. When I first got the phone it lagged a bit and had issues but as the updates rolled in it started to improve and I do have quite a few apps installed now and still no lagging issues.

Tony DiMarzio

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
4XL. Performance has been outstanding. Head and shoulders above the 3XL. Very pleased with performance, multitasking, and battery life. However, I do worry about how well 6GB will handle the workload a year from now.

Ihosvany Rodriguez1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Love it runs very smooth I keep forced 90hz on my pixel 4xl ,and I feel like Android 10 is Soo good I love the gestures more then any other Android I've tried , I adjusted the sensitivity for side screen swipe ,as a back button I love it it's amazing and Soo fluid easy with one hand too , my pixel 4xl feels so much better then when I first got it at launch it was good then now it's better

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Love it runs very smooth I keep forced 90hz on my pixel 4xl ,and I feel like Android 10 is Soo good I love the gestures more then any other Android I've tried , I adjusted the sensitivity for side screen swipe ,as a back button I love it it's amazing and Soo fluid easy with one hand too , my pixel 4xl feels so much better then when I first got it at launch it was good then now it's better
I keep 90hz always also , wish it had a toggle in settings so I dont have to turn developer settings on .

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I keep 90hz always also , wish it had a toggle in settings so I dont have to turn developer settings on .
Can't you turn off the developer settings, once you enable 90 Hz on? I believe the 90Hz on setting still sticks.

e30249209c540fa5ef5e967eb137ca3d.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried thought it wouldn't stick if not on ?
Is there a way/app to check the refresh rate? Then we could check to see if it's actually sticking. I turned in on in developer options and then turned off developer options. But can't tell if it's sticking or not

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way/app to check the refresh rate? Then we could check to see if it's actually sticking. I turned in on in developer options and then turned off developer options. But can't tell if it's sticking or not
I'm not aware of any