Powerful enough

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My home power went off for a few hours. Then it came back. After a few hours my internet went out. After a few hours I fiddled with my router and it started working.

I use Google FI. I live in the country so when my WiFi connection goes out so does my phone and my broadband.

When it came back I immediately downloaded Audible audiobooks, Pocket Casts podcasts, Netflix and Amazon Prime movies to prepare for future outages.

I need to get my Google Play Music download too.

This phone handled it all. I have the 128GB model.

Maybe get a UPS for my router.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that the cable is still getting a signal, and isn't powered from the same source your house is. (There are repeaters on most cable runs.)

If you're getting a UPS, get something large, if you get long blackouts. A 35W UPS will handle 35 Watts for about 15 minutes. A 350W UPS will handle 35 Watts for about 4 hours. A 1,500W UPS (and they're not that expensive) will handle 35 Watts for over 10 hours. (And you can keep the phone charged too, without worrying about the UPS battery dying.

And be prepared for UPS battery replacements, whatever size you get. They don't last forever.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Assuming that the cable is still getting a signal, and isn't powered from the same source your house is. (There are repeaters on most cable runs.)

If you're getting a UPS, get something large, if you get long blackouts. A 35W UPS will handle 35 Watts for about 15 minutes. A 350W UPS will handle 35 Watts for about 4 hours. A 1,500W UPS (and they're not that expensive) will handle 35 Watts for over 10 hours. (And you can keep the phone charged too, without worrying about the UPS battery dying.

And be prepared for UPS battery replacements, whatever size you get. They don't last forever.
Thanks! I am a recovering stroke victim with limited mobility.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
My home power went off for a few hours. Then it came back. After a few hours my internet went out. After a few hours I fiddled with my router and it started working.

I use Google FI. I live in the country so when my WiFi connection goes out so does my phone and my broadband.

When it came back I immediately downloaded Audible audiobooks, Pocket Casts podcasts, Netflix and Amazon Prime movies to prepare for future outages.

I need to get my Google Play Music download too.

This phone handled it all. I have the 128GB model.

Maybe get a UPS for my router.

The 128 gb should have no problems handling that load not sure about the 64gb. thats whats nice about the extra storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt