Giving up on the Pixel 4XL

B_Chadwick Ware

Nov 11, 2019
Visit site
I love my pixel 4 xl and the pixel 4 xl has been nothing but amazing for me. I get 6-7 hours of SOT on average with my usage and does everything I need. I do wish more apps supported face ID but I know this will change probably not while i own the p4 bc it will probably take like 2 years for developers to hop on board. Regardless my experience has been fantastic.

Your points are valid use cases and it does seem like the one plus will be a better fit for you. Good luck.

Same here. No issues or complaints for me.

nikholaspappas

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the fast charger is only on the Pro models.

And I don't care how long your battery lasts, when you need a charge you always want it fast lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200116_151026.jpg
    IMG_20200116_151026.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 21

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Come on now. Apple has made great advancement in their batteries and they last much longer. While different people have different experiences, if you look into it you can’t deny it.
I mean that doesn't exclude fast charging as a desire for the iPhone. They way I and others use our devices getting a fast top up is a big plus regardless if size and efficiency. It that works for you...great.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I for one never care about fast charging and all those things since I only charge via wireless chargers everywhere.

My brother on the other hand only buys phones which have the fastest charger and phones which enables them

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I mean that doesn't exclude fast charging as a desire for the iPhone. They way I and others use our devices getting a fast top up is a big plus regardless if size and efficiency. It that works for you...great.

I agree it doesn’t have to be excluded. Just that it’s not as necessary as a battery that won’t last a day even if you’re a moderate user. I believe battery efficiency is becoming more and more important to consumers as these devices do more.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I for one never care about fast charging and all those things since I only charge via wireless chargers everywhere.

My brother on the other hand only buys phones which have the fastest charger and phones which enables them
Yes but now we have wireless fast charging

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Come on now. Apple has made great advancement in their batteries and they last much longer. While different people have different experiences, if you look into it you can’t deny it.

I agree the 11 pro max has a great battery life. However it does help that it comes with a fast charger in the box, and not the standard charger.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I still have a 4Xl and agree that a lot of my annoyances such as lack of storage I knew about going in so that is on me, 128gb is just about enough but I do always wish I had a little more. I also kind of guessed that face ID would not be supported for a while on apps, honestly I just cared that Lastpass was supported.

There are some things that did know about (or had not paid attention to) though that do bug me:

- High quality LDAC is not supported. LDAC is stuck on 'Best Effort' and cannot be changed, which on a pixel I think means worse than SBC. You also cannot change the codec in developer settiings so no option to fall back on APTX-HD either.

- Brightness. This is actually quite noticeable, yes for most conditions it is ok but the consequence is that the screen just does not pop like others do. This is almost certainly deliberate with battery in mind.

- The rounded corners on the screen really bug me! Maybe it just feels like they are cutting the corners

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site

See, for me personally, I travel for work, a lot. And when you are traveling for instance from California to Dubai (Roughly 30+ hours from home to hotel), You are not going to set up your wireless charger in the airport terminal and try to top off. even if you did, the wireless fast charger is 15w... that is fast, but not as fast as plugging in some of the new phones that charge at 30w (OnePlus) or 45w (Samsung) 65w (Oppo). When you have 15 minutes to top off your phone here and there a fast wired charge is what you want. When I am running around factories in China all day, and my work day stretches over 15 hours again, a fast top off is what I want.

I know that my use case is not normal, so I am saying this is specific to me. If you are going from your house to your office and back every day and you have wireless chargers everywhere in between, I am sure a 5w wireless charger would work for you since you can have your phone parked constantly, but that does not work for me.