Giving up on the Pixel 4XL

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
And, even after using the 4XL for - what is it, three months now? - I still find that I unintentionally unlock it multiple times daily. Of course, that never happened with my 3XL, whose fingerprint sensor I found to be perfectly positioned and perfectly functional.

Have you ever thought you might have the raise to wake feature on? Or another smart feature? As i dont have this problem, my phone doesnt just accidentally or randomly unlock

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Have you ever thought you might have the raise to wake feature on? Or another smart feature? As i dont have this problem, my phone doesnt just accidentally or randomly unlock

That's a bit of a catch 22.... If you want to be able to see your lock screen and say, skip a track on spotify, you need to disable another feature so it doesn't unlock. But then when you want it to unlock quickly you need that feature lol

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Couldnt tell you....I don't know what the lag time if any was when apple implemented it. Even if it was faster, it would certainly make sense since Apple's implementation involved a much larger scale of units sold.

Not really, considering this is a core level security change it is being implemented in Android itself and will effect all Android phones, not just Pixel phones. All Apps updated after November 2019 are supposed to use the "BiometricPromt" API. That API is compatible with face unlock.

Any app that was updated in the last 2 months means the developer ignored the compatibility warning and used the old API.

The difference between google and Apple here is that Google gives the developer the option to ignore the warning and use an older API, where Apple forced developers to comply with the latest standard.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not really, considering this is a core level security change it is being implemented in Android itself and will effect all Android phones, not just Pixel phones. All Apps updated after November 2019 are supposed to use the "BiometricPromt" API. That API is compatible with face unlock.

Any app that was updated in the last 2 months means the developer ignored the compatibility warning and used the old API.

The difference between google and Apple here is that Google gives the developer the option to ignore the warning and use an older API, where Apple forced developers to comply with the latest standard.
If it was that simple its doubtful that it would be a problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1