Do you see Pixel 4's in your everyday life? (Spotted! First one since launch!)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So... I am at a collegiate gymnastics meet, not somewhere I find myself often, watching the athletes and all the happenings. They have people on the floor filming the routines for various reasons. Then - I see it! Is that... an oh-so-Orange Pixel 4XL in the back pocket of a woman whose filming the meet? My first sighting since the phone came out?? ...or is it some other phone in an orangey case.

phone.jpg

I live in a big city (Phoenix) and work at one of the largest universities in the country. I see hundreds of students every week, plus the ones in my classes. In 2019, I came across one staff person who happened to have a Pixel 2. I know Google's market share is small but I thought I would at least see a few on campus. They're there... I guess I need to give extra credit to Pixel owners to flush them out.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see a Pixel 4 - but I can't wait to see one! I did sit beside a woman at my First Aid recertification course yesterday who had the same phone as me - but that was an S10.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So... I am at a collegiate gymnastics meet, not somewhere I find myself often, watching the athletes and all the happenings. They have people on the floor filming the routines for various reasons. Then - I see it! Is that... an oh-so-Orange Pixel 4XL in the back pocket of a woman whose filming the meet? My first sighting since the phone came out?? ...or is it some other phone in an orangey case.

View attachment 315888

I live in a big city (Phoenix) and work at one of the largest universities in the country. I see hundreds of students every week, plus the ones in my classes. In 2019, I came across one staff person who happened to have a Pixel 2. I know Google's market share is small but I thought I would at least see a few on campus. They're there... I guess I need to give extra credit to Pixel owners to flush them out.
Hard to tell if that's the pixel 4

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I do see Pixels in the Seattle area, but not specifically Pixel 4. Those are hard to spot, but general Pixels I do see here and there. Obviously no where close to iPhones or Samsung phones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do see Pixels in the Seattle area, but not specifically Pixel 4. Those are hard to spot, but general Pixels I do see here and there. Obviously no where close to iPhones or Samsung phones.

Very sad! I've seen some Pixel 3's and 3's in the wild - plus two of my friends have Pixel 3's! - but other than that, still looking.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Very sad! I've seen some Pixel 3's and 3's in the wild - plus two of my friends have Pixel 3's! - but other than that, still looking.
I don't look that hard since most people case their devices you have to look for the Pixel camera design to identify one. I do notice a lot of iPhones and Samsung devices, especially older ones.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
A friend asked me about the 4 xl and I told her. She now one and could not be happier. I believe that her husband is envious of her Pixel. The phone just works and it only becomes better over time.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any yet.
But I usually don't notice, unless they are actually using it . But that's the case with any phone .

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned every generation of Pixel and in that time I don't think I have ever seen another one out in public. I live in a moderately sized city and have traveled to several major cities during that time, too. I just see the various Samsungs and iPhones, of course.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Haven't seen any 4s here in Charleston SC. A coworker has a 3a and I spotted someone with a 3 while on vacation in DC but that's been it for Pixel sightings. All of my friends/family use iPhones.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've only seen one person with a pixel and that was a co-worker who had the 1st generation while I had the 3rd generation. He knew nothing about the phone he had. He still had the original OS on the phone and was 2 versions behind. I eventually sold him my 3xl when I upgraded to the 4xl.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss