Pixel flash tool for images

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
We've been able to do that since 10-8-2012, by just downloading the file and running the script (or modifying it, then running it, if we downloaded the full ROM and didn't want to wipe the phone). If they released AOSP before the updated releases (they release both the full ROM and the update zip), this would be a good thing, but all it is, is another way to do what a lot of us have been doing since the Nexus S 4G came out. (I manually download the update and factory image on the first Monday of every month, then update for about 3 months, then flash the factory image one month, just to get a clean start.)

It's about as if they announced that they were now selling smartphones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We've been able to do that since 10-8-2012, by just downloading the file and running the script (or modifying it, then running it, if we downloaded the full ROM and didn't want to wipe the phone). If they released AOSP before the updated releases (they release both the full ROM and the update zip), this would be a good thing, but all it is, is another way to do what a lot of us have been doing since the Nexus S 4G came out. (I manually download the update and factory image on the first Monday of every month, then update for about 3 months, then flash the factory image one month, just to get a clean start.)

It's about as if they announced that they were now selling smartphones.
I do once in the a while flash the update zip through adb commands which is very easy , and didn't have to download the whole andriod studio to do that just download minimum adb fastboot version v1.3.1 and done no hassles but Its good they have a tool for this like one plus has the MSM tool for rom and updates .

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to use this tool tomorrow when the Feb security images drops for the Pixel. Beauty of Pixel, consistent and always OTA images are available to flash on first Monday of the month (yes there are few exceptions).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let me how you like it ..
I'm going to use this tool tomorrow when the Feb security images drops for the Pixel. Beauty of Pixel, consistent and always OTA images are available to flash on first Monday of the month (yes there are few exceptions).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair