Transferring iPhone Data to Pixel 4 - AFTER Pixel has been set up.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. Like the title says I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer data like text messages(imessages) from a iPhone to the Pixel 4 AFTER you have already set up the Pixel? I tried googling my question and it seems that once you get past the standard "transfer information" point in the setup process you can not go back and transfer stuff to the Pixel unless you do a factory restore again...is this true? I use a iPhone 11 Pro Max as my daily phone however sometimes I like to switch to my Pixel just for fun and the only way to update my texts on the Pixel(at least the way I've been doing it) is to completely reformat the Pixel and transfer all the iPhone data(texts are all I care about since everything else is in the Google Cloud). As you can imagine that is VERY annoying to reset the Pixel everytime I feel like using it just to get my most current texts on the Pixel....What am I missing, if anything?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!!!!

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Yea, I understand what its saying there. I am wondering if I can transfer my iphone texts to my Pixel days or even weeks after I have set up the Pixel...Basically what I'm looking for is to resync the texts I have gotten in the mean time on my primary device(iPhone) to my Pixel without having to do a factory restore of the Pixel to get back to the "transfer your data" utility.

In this link from Google it looks like that is not possible? Is there a app I can use to resync the weeks worth of texts that I've gotten on my iphone to my Pixel? Below is the link I am referring to.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7176563#chose_new

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yea, I understand what its saying there. I am wondering if I can transfer my iphone texts to my Pixel days or even weeks after I have set up the Pixel...Basically what I'm looking for is to resync the texts I have gotten in the mean time on my primary device(iPhone) to my Pixel without having to do a factory restore of the Pixel to get back to the "transfer your data" utility.

In this link from Google it looks like that is not possible? Is there a app I can use to resync the weeks worth of texts that I've gotten on my iphone to my Pixel? Below is the link I am referring to.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7176563#chose_new
You could probably transfer everything over but be careful with text because iPhone to andriod you need to turn off imessages or wont work with some people text messages but the rest should be able get on the phone

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You could probably transfer everything over but be careful with text because iPhone to a droid you need to turn off imessages or wont work with some people text messages but the rest should be able get on the phone

Yea, I already turned off iMessage and Facetime on my iphone over the cellular network(I disconnected from my home WiFi) because I remember reading somewhere that it's better to deactivate iMessage over the cellular network rather than a WiFi network...something about it syncing with the cellular provider, in my case Verizon.

Sorry if I'm being redundant or wording my question in a confusing manner...it's hard to explain. But I have had my Pixel set up and have a great set up on it with Nova Launcher. So my Pixel has been up and running(however not been being used) for about a month. Now I want to transfer my iOS stuff to the Pixel with texts being the priority. From what I can gather this is not possible unless I do a factory restore of the Pixel and re-set up the Pixel as new, therefore getting to the step to transfer my iOS data to the Pixel during the setup process. So again, I'm NOT wanting to do a factory restore of the Pixel just so that I can transfer my iOS texts over because I already have the Pixel set up the way I want it. I just need my most current text messages to be transfered from my iPhone to the my Pixel. That is why I am wondering if there is a app or something where I can connect the two phones and just transfer my texts from my iPhone to the Pixel...I am currently looking on Google and finding a couple programs that will do that be most cost money, which isn't the end of the world...but some look rather sketchy.haha

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I understand your question , use the adapter that came in your pixel box with iPhone cable between the phones, transfer data option should be triggered look in notifications panel on probably pixel see if you can copy data from iphone ?

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just tried connecting my iPhone and the Pixel with the provided Pixel transfer adapter...they will not connect. I tried restarting both phones and reconnecting them and still nothing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just tried connecting my iPhone and the Pixel with the provided Pixel transfer adapter...they will not connect. I tried restarting both phones and reconnecting them and still nothing.
You checked in pull down notifications panel under usb option tap to transfer ?

I'll have to wait to go home to try on my iPhone x later Screenshot_20200201-185949.jpeg

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I see those notifications in the drop down but the only option when I click it is to transfer photos...I'll take a look at that software you put in the link. They are actually one of the ones I came across...Thanks for your help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I see those notifications in the drop down but the only option when I click it is to transfer photos...I'll take a look at that software you put in the link. They are actually one of the ones I came across...Thanks for your help!
Yeah try the link, I'll get back later see how its going. Your welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon