My Pixel shows 5G

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So, I bought the Pixel 4XL the other day and I put in my AT&T sim card and now it shows 5Ge connectivity. Can this be true? I didn't think that the Pixel 4 had 5G.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The 5g rollouts all around are pretty comical. Att with fake 5g, t-mobile with slow but longer signal penetration and Verizon with awesome speeds for a 30ft radius around their towers. Lol
The problem is the term means nothing relative with regard to speed.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an issue with AT&T. They can brand their 4G or 5G whatever they like. It really doesn't matter much to me. I get good service and good speeds. I get about 140 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up at home and it's roughly the same most places I go. I don't really have dropped calls or interference during calls. That's good enough for me. I just didn't know how 5Ge ended up on my phone because the last phone I had with the same sim card didn't read 5Ge.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an issue with AT&T. They can brand their 4G or 5G whatever they like. It really doesn't matter much to me. I get good service and good speeds. I get about 140 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up at home and it's roughly the same most places I go. I don't really have dropped calls or interference during calls. That's good enough for me. I just didn't know how 5Ge ended up on my phone because the last phone I had with the same sim card didn't read 5Ge.

It doesn't bother me either. They all play games with different things. Good to see you're enjoying your Pixel. It keeps tempting me away from the fruit, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't bother me either. They all play games with different things. Good to see you're enjoying your Pixel. It keeps tempting me away from the fruit, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Funny thing is that my wife has always liked iPhones. She tried the Samsung S8 and didn't like it. So I bought her a Pixel 3 last year. She said it was like an iPhone but with Google. She described it as the perfect phone. I will have to agree with her. The Pixel 4 XL is the Google version of the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance