How does the Samsung release affect your views and/or opinions on the Pixel 4?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
With the big unpacked event concluded. What is your thoughts about the new device and has it changed your thoughts and or opinions of the Pixel 4? Has it wowed you to the point you are going to reserve a unit? I’m not very moved by what I saw but time will tell if anything blows my socks off and makes me want to get one or just stick it out with a pixel and maybe upgrade come summer with the Note 20? How’s this changed your plans or was it not enough for you?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has not changed my opinion on my Note 10+ or pixel 4 xl I got them for different reasons and enjoy both .
Well said Mr mustang. I couldn't agree more! Teach their own! I love my 3XL I will always look love Google phones. No gimmicks straightforward fast software!

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No, Samsung phones always look cheap and shinny. They have powerful hardware, but are held back by the ugly UI, slow software builds, and poor user experience.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Unless the camera reviews blow me away I’m not seeing anything that would make me pick it up. I’d rather hold out for the Note come August. Maybe they could figure out a camera array that looks less like my child stuck a mega block to the backside.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How did Samsung out design Google so badly? The regular S20 has more cameras, a larger battery, and only .1 smaller screen all in a significantly smaller package than the 4 XL. Smaller in height, width, and thickness.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
How did Samsung out design Google so badly? The regular S20 has more cameras, a larger battery, and only .1 smaller screen all in a significantly smaller package than the 4 XL. Smaller in height, width, and thickness.

I’m not sure design is the correct word, that’s individual preference but I know what you’re saying. They out engineered and built a spec giant as far as hardware goes for sure. Hope Google figures it out with hardware next year without compromises. I’d love a maxed out Pixel.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the designs of the phones are pretty cool and I love the grey color. However, this release feels like a bit of a tipping point. The fact that the cheapest phone is $1000 is crazy to me.

It feels like Samsung just packed as much hardware as they could into the phone because they have no ideas on how to make it better.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the designs of the phones are pretty cool and I love the grey color. However, this release feels like a bit of a tipping point. The fact that the cheapest phone is $1000 is crazy to me.

It feels like Samsung just packed as much hardware as they could into the phone because they have no ideas on how to make it better.
And I'd have to completely agree with you. Samsung is not innovative. Like you say, they're just packing a crap ton of hardware into a phone selling it for a thousand bucks. Sure, the s20 phones look great, so do all of the Galaxy phones. But other than that they're really really expensive like iPhone!

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Well now T-Mobile has the Pixel 4 for nearly 50% off. This really is tempting considering I really love the Samsung Galaxy phones and I'm dying to get my hands on the S20. When I got the Pixel 3 axl last September I really regretted having to turn in my S10+ and to this day I still miss it. But the 4xl only has a 3700 mAh battery. Love the buttery smooth Samsung screens.

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
if I could get Samsung's s20 ultra with Google's fast update schedule I'd be down. I don't think I'm gonna buy the s20. slow software updates kind of kill if for me. still have a fold that isn't even on the latest os

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't watch it and not interested. Haven't had a Samsung since the s3 but know people how do and can't say I will ever own another, just don't like em. I think they are over priced, over hyped, poor UI, not supported, and lags quickly. Just my 2 cents. Honesty, if my choice was either an iPhone (never had one) or Samsung, I'd probably go with iPhone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I always think it's interesting when other smartphones are compared to the Nexus/Pixel line. I never compare specs with the Pixel because I don't think that the specs tell the whole story. It's about the user experience. When I use my Pixel 4 XL everything is fluid. Everything works together. Everything makes sense. The camera doesn't have the specs as some other smartphones, but the picture quality is amazing and the ease of using the Pixel camera app is refreshing. The software experience is far better than any other device I have ever used. So, without looking at a specs sheet and just using the phone, the Pixel 4 XL has a better experience for me. And it's worth every penny.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested to see the reviews of the cameras in the real world, but the prices are obscene. I've never owned a Samsung because of the curved glass. It drives me nuts! Ha.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I always think it's interesting when other smartphones are compared to the Nexus/Pixel line. I never compare specs with the Pixel because I don't think that the specs tell the whole story. It's about the user experience. ... The software experience is far better than any other device I have ever used. So, without looking at a specs sheet and just using the phone, the Pixel 4 XL has a better experience for me. And it's worth every penny.

Exactly.

No, the Pixel isn't blowing the spec sheets away and it's not the sexiest phone out there but every time I find myself thinking about a different phone, like when these Samsung's came out, I stop myself and realize it's about the software and the power of Google AI. I often say to people - my Pixel is an assistant, not just a phone.

Still - those Samsungs are beautiful.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Exactly.

No, the Pixel isn't blowing the spec sheets away and it's not the sexiest phone out there but every time I find myself thinking about a different phone, like when these Samsung's came out, I stop myself and realize it's about the software and the power of Google AI. I often say to people - my Pixel is an assistant, not just a phone.

Still - those Samsungs are beautiful.
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think that the Pixel 4 is really awesome looking. It's one of the many reasons I wanted it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey