[Rumor] Verizon to stop selling future Pixel phones

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally hate the carriers and never buy anything from them, but this is horrible news for Google since 99% of the people only buy from carriers in the US. Supposedly Verizon is killing their deal with Google to sell Pixel phones.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...deal-doesnt-plan-to-sell-pixel-4a-or-pixel-5/

Update::

Verizon tells @CNET this morning that it isn’t getting rid of Pixel. “It’s not true. We continue to work with Google and look forward to the new portfolio of devices.”

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks like according to that article they will be selling One Plus 8 device , that's a slap in the face to google .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I do like my pixel phones and unfortunately this is very bad news in terms of Google continuing making phones couple of years down the line.
Yeah definitely not good , I like my pixels also , both of us lucky we get Google unlocked anyways but the others that get verizon models it's not good .

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I always prefer to buy unlocked whenever possible. If Google goes ahead with the pixel 5's since they've probably already started on them and Verizon doesn't get on board then I don't see a problem as long as they have Verizon system requirements in the phone, just buy unlocked. If I could get a pixel 5 I'd be happy for 2 or 3 years anyway.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I heard this too. The problem is that Google underwhelms at the same price point Samsung is overwhelming. This causes an issue with value for money. Google needs to price like OnePlus and take the hit, because they end up dropping the prices for Black Friday and Christmas anyway.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like according to that article they will be selling One Plus 8 device , that's a slap in the face to google .
Yeah I was just thinking that this morning! That would be a huge slap in the face to Google! Hello Verizon, I will buy an unlocked pixel phone and connect it to your network. Sincerely Eric! what, Verizon thinks that a OnePlus 8 phone will sell more so than a Pixel phone will? Yeah right!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I heard this too. The problem is that Google underwhelms at the same price point Samsung is overwhelming. This causes an issue with value for money. Google needs to price like OnePlus and take the hit, because they end up dropping the prices for Black Friday and Christmas anyway.
You're right. Samsung packs overly too many features in their phones, and Google puts in the status normal for phones. yet their prices don't reflect that this is why I hate flagship prices for phones in general!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only phones that Verizon pushes to sell is Galaxy phones and iPhones. That's also the frustrating part about it. I'm sure that's what they're told to push anyways.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely not good , I like my pixels also , both of us lucky we get Google unlocked anyways but the others that get verizon models it's not good .
I mean what's the stop anyone from buying unlocked phone from Google, and then just connecting it to Verizon network. That would actually get more money/business to Google anyways.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I guess if true I will have a collectors item ...

Go figure I always buy unlocked phones but jumped on Verizon version 4 XL ...start by handing out more deals and they might sell ...but I'm not too unhappy seeing OnePlus is coming to VZW..

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess if true I will have a collectors item ...

Go figure I always buy unlocked phones but jumped on Verizon version 4 XL ...start by handing out more deals and they might sell ...but I'm not too unhappy seeing OnePlus is coming to VZW..
yeah, I'm just curious as to why Verizon would sell the OnePlus phone, not the Pixel phones... Let's just see what the future holds in store. But yes, what's stopping anyone from buying an unlocked pixel and connecting into Verizon network?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Why would any carrier sell these? They are middle of the road phones with baffling stupid design dcsions (here's looking at you pitiful battery size and no ultra wide sensor).

Google has been making bone headed decisions since they left nexus behind. Even I refused to buy the 4XL until it was on sale, as it was not worth the full price.