[Rumor] Verizon to stop selling future Pixel phones

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
yeah, I'm just curious as to why Verizon would sell the OnePlus phone, not the Pixel phones... Let's just see what the future holds in store. But yes, what's stopping anyone from buying an unlocked pixel and connecting into Verizon network?
I know when I was on TMobile I noticed plenty of interest on OnePlus phone ...I would like to see how they performed in sales ...end of the day you can get unlocked ...but it always hurts when you don't sell carrier stores...I'm also hearing they might just go with 4a type phones going forward ..might not be a bad idea ...bc plenty of us waited out for deals on the latest

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well well well, that is what putting a 64gb base storage, charging $900, and offering insulting trade in deals does to you LOL

if Google doesn't stop crappy stuff like that, pixels will be no more in the near future.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well well well, that is what putting a 64gb base storage, charging $900, and offering insulting trade in deals does to you LOL

if Google doesn't stop crappy stuff like that, pixels will be no more in the near future.

Would serve them right as well.

You know, I used to love the Nexus phones. The nexus 5 and 5X/6P was pinnacle for me. They were not high end specs, but middle specced, and priced to match. They got updated, and I loved them.

The Pixel came out, it was priced well. All of these phones, I bought, loved them. The Pixel 2 dropped, I paused. The price was high, but I got it anyway.

The Pixel 3XL was the ugliest piece of trash I had ever seen. I skipped it. The Pixel 4 dropped with a smaller batterry with a hungry screen, that cvost as much as a Galaxy?? Nope. I sat on the 2XL until the price dropped.

My wife and I have a comboned 9 PGoogle phones at that point, and we wouldn't buy until the price came down. Why would nayone buy a Pixel at full price? The battery is a joke, the updates got screwed up, and lack of ultra wide camera is mind boggling. That price?????? What?

Google had better get it's crap together. This looking bad.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know when I was on TMobile I noticed plenty of interest on OnePlus phone ...I would like to see how they performed in sales ...end of the day you can get unlocked ...but it always hurts when you don't sell carrier stores...I'm also hearing they might just go with 4a type phones going forward ..might not be a bad idea ...bc plenty of us waited out for deals on the latest
yeah I hear you. I mean as far as the flagship phone prices from every manufacturer, I've never agreed with it even with the higher chipsets and Rama man's things like that. As far as not selling and carry stores, yeah it's going to sting if the rumors are definitely true. There's no question about it. And I just like everyone else here and the die-hard Google lover. That being said, I've never tried one plus phone. My thinking is why I get a OnePlus phone when you can get a pixel phone... But yes, we'll have to see what happens in the near future!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think that it all may be an overreaction. They weren't selling Pixel phones through all carriers until recently. There was a time when Nexus phones couldn't be bought in carrier stores at all and people were still buying them. I'm also not convinced that sales are bad because the Pixel devices are under spec'd. The overall experience of the Pixel exceeds most flagships in my opinion. I believe people have brand loyalty. We have iPhone users who aren't going to entertain anything else. And then we have those who prefer Android that will always choose Samsung no matter what. Then you have the budget people who will flock to the cheaper handsets like Motorola.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think that it all may be an overreaction. They weren't selling Pixel phones through all carriers until recently. There was a time when Nexus phones couldn't be bought in carrier stores at all and people were still buying them. I'm also not convinced that sales are bad because the Pixel devices are under spec'd. The overall experience of the Pixel exceeds most flagships in my opinion. I believe people have brand loyalty. We have iPhone users who aren't going to entertain anything else. And then we have those who prefer Android that will always choose Samsung no matter what. Then you have the budget people who will flock to the cheaper handsets like Motorola.
The problem is is the fact that pixel phones have a wonderful wonderful user experience, but the flagship price tag. Consumers expect a flagship specs along with the flagship price tag. Consumers don't understand the smooth fluid software experience that Google phones have just without the higher specs. yeah, there was a time when Nexus phones couldn't be bought a carrier stores. I had to buy my older Nexus 6 and 6P phones off of eBay from a seller locally in my area. Nexus phones also had crappy cameras, pixel phones due to software image processing have wonderful cameras. and be very curious to see if one plus phone sell anymore so at Verizon versus Pixel phones. The problem is not just the lack of marketing, but feel like a flagship specs. And one plus phones have the same thing. They title themselves as a flagship killer... I mean, for a long time, phones have been a status symbol aka the iPhone and Galaxy phones.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The problem is is the fact that pixel phones have a wonderful wonderful user experience, but the flagship price tag. Consumers expect a flagship specs along with the flagship price tag. Consumers don't understand the smooth fluid software experience that Google phones have just without the higher specs. yeah, there was a time when Nexus phones couldn't be bought a carrier stores. I had to buy my older Nexus 6 and 6P phones off of eBay from a seller locally in my area. Nexus phones also had crappy cameras, pixel phones due to software image processing have wonderful cameras. and be very curious to see if one plus phone sell anymore so at Verizon versus Pixel phones. The problem is not just the lack of marketing, but feel like a flagship specs. And one plus phones have the same thing. They title themselves as a flagship killer... I mean, for a long time, phones have been a status symbol aka the iPhone and Galaxy phones.
What would be the point of having the highest specs if the performance and user experience isn't there? I will pay flagship prices for a flagship user experience. Paying for specs and not reaping the benefits of it because the user experience is subpar doesn't make much sense to me. And I have believed that is what is wrong with many Android enthusiasts. They are spec chasing, but don't seem to understand that it isn't just about the specs.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What would be the point of having the highest specs if the performance and user experience isn't there? I will pay flagship prices for a flagship user experience. Paying for specs and not reaping the benefits of it because the user experience is subpar doesn't make much sense to me. And I have believed that is what is wrong with many Android enthusiasts. They are spec chasing, but don't seem to understand that it isn't just about the specs.
You're right, that's what I was trying to say. I mean for most people and Android enthusiasts, specs never did tell the entire story. It's all about the user experience at the end of the day. Sure high end spec will make you play a game enjoyably and whatnot but it's not needed at the end of the day.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Google chooses to release the Pixel after Samsung releases the Note phones and Apple releases the iPhones. Apple and Samsung are by far the best at marketing their phones. They should have waited on the Pixel 4 until Feb of 2020 with the latest chip set and 5G. For the most part Apple users buy the iPhone based on the user experience but many Android users chase the latest specs.

It's bad news for Google if Samsung becomes even more dominant in the USA. Samsung may end up dictating to Google what Android will look like.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
For some reason Google chooses to release the Pixel after Samsung releases the Note phones and Apple releases the iPhones. Apple and Samsung are by far the best at marketing their phones. They should have waited on the Pixel 4 until Feb of 2020 with the latest chip set and 5G. For the most part Apple users buy the iPhone based on the user experience but many Android users chase the latest specs.

It's bad news for Google if Samsung becomes even more dominant in the USA. Samsung may end up dictating to Google what Android will look like.
I feel like I've seen a ton of Pixel 4 commercials, but that could be because I have YouTube TV. But they are displayed prominently in carrier stores and Best Buy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta