Who's bypassing the lock screen with face unlock

Face unlock bypass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
On the one hand it's nice not to have to swipe up to get past the lock screen. On the other hand I keep opening my phone just checking the time.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I keep AOD on and reach/lift to check off to avoid accidental unlocks. Tap screen or power button gets me in so quickly...works great.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You experienced burn in with AOD? From all my Samsung/Google phones never had that issue with AOD on all the time or noticed significant battery drain to turn it off .

No. It's a concern I have though. Mainly I prefer to save the battery. And with the P4XL that seems to be a wise choice.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Well it seems to be a bit better today. Yesterday (first full day with the phone) I found that Gboard was running in the background all day and was the highest consumer of battery. I'll give it a week or so to see how it settles in. To ensure good battery life I have motion sense disabled, 90hz disabled, and AoD disabled.

I got the phone for the large, notchless display, the cameras, and the immediate updates from Google. The rest is gravy for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm. Well it seems to be a bit better today. Yesterday (first full day with the phone) I found that Gboard was running in the background all day and was the highest consumer of battery. I'll give it a week or so to see how it settles in. To ensure good battery life I have motion sense disabled, 90hz disabled, and AoD disabled.

I got the phone for the large, notchless display, the cameras, and the immediate updates from Google. The rest is gravy for me.
Oh yeah then it's got learn your usuage

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup straight to Home Screen. Time and notifications are on the AOD screen anyway so no need to add an extra step. I also hide notifications details so I'd rather interact with them from the home screen instead of the lock screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No. It's a concern I have though. Mainly I prefer to save the battery. And with the P4XL that seems to be a wise choice.

I too am a little concerned with burn-in on phones that have AOD. But if your brightness is on Automatic/is not up too high, then that's an easy way to avoid it. I also put my phones facedown quite often and overnight. Not sure if that does anything but it helps me feel better!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Never tried face unlock earlier. Now with all important apps in secure folder gave it a shot. Pretty good. I disabled faster unlock which reduces security and enabled the option to verify eyes are open.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Straight to the home screen. The unintentional unlocks are annoying but the convenience of the intentional ones outweighs them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair