I've only had Android Auto for a couple months but it has been mostly working.

Out of nowhere, it just stopped letting me play text messages. I tapped "PLAY" when the message dropped down, it didn't play it. I tapped the notification bell to bring up the list of notifications, tapped "PLAY" there and the screen sort of flashed then did nothing.

That was yesterday, here's where it gets weird...

Tonight, I tried it again. I tapped "PLAY" on the message and my music started! What the? I stopped the music. Tried playing the message again and it started the music again!

I gave up.

Any server-side Pixel updates or something recently?
    02-25-2020 12:15 AM
    I had the exact same issue yesterday. It's been fine today
    03-14-2020 06:35 PM
    I had the exact same issue yesterday. It's been fine today
    Mine went back to normal a day or so after this.

I have a rental car now while mine is in the shop and it's done this twice. Not the playing music behavior but the not responding to the PLAY button, flashing screen thing.

Two separate cars. It's some weird Android Auto and/or Pixel bug. Thankfully, it seems to go away in a day.
    03-14-2020 06:56 PM
    Mine went back to normal a day or so after this.

I have a rental car now while mine is in the shop and it's done this twice. Not the playing music behavior but the not responding to the PLAY button, flashing screen thing.

Two separate cars. It's some weird Android Auto and/or Pixel bug. Thankfully, it seems to go away in a day.
    Whenever I have issues with AA I often find that a reboot fixes things.
    03-14-2020 10:08 PM
    Whenever I have issues with AA I often find that a reboot fixes things.
    Agreed. And I'm so happy that Pixel reboot times are so short.
    03-15-2020 02:51 AM