Is your Pixel 4 or 4 XL Paint peeling, chipping.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my pixel 4 for a couple months and its been in a case ever since. The paint on the edge of the frame has been slowly chipping, and peeling away. I've seen on Reddit that other owners are having the same issue, with the paint peeling off around the frame as well as the rear camera frame. I have reached out to Google and they will not warranty this issue. They say that this is considered normal wear and tear, and that they consider this cosmetic damage. Well, this is not normal wear and tear, nor is it cosmetic damage, because damage would insinuate that it was the users fault. Im tired of Google shoving it up its users rearends. I just got my $29.11 on my failed Nexus 6P.

paint peel.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my pixel 4 for a couple months and its been in a case ever since. The paint on the edge of the frame has been slowly chipping, and peeling away. I've seen on Reddit that other owners are having the same issue, with the paint peeling off around the frame as well as the rear camera frame. I have reached out to Google and they will not warranty this issue. They say that this is considered normal wear and tear, and that they consider this cosmetic damage. Well, this is not normal wear and tear, nor is it cosmetic damage, because damage would insinuate that it was the users fault. Im tired of Google shoving it up its users rearends. I just got my $29.11 on my failed Nexus 6P.

View attachment 316963
Interesting because I literally swap cases daily especially when I put my moment case on so I could use the ultra wide angle lens to shoot some fitness footage on a daily basis and I have 0% peal. And this is interesting to me because if anything I'd think it would be someone with my use case from removing the phone in and out of cases in a daily basis that would run into this issue. ..that sucks that your having that issue and sad.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Sorry to see your chips ..I was thinking of going with just a skin but got a case for now ...I've not had it long enough to see any marks ...

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
not gonna be good for resale.
Crazy j just reinspected mine and 0 paint chips. Really strange and I'm not joking I literally switxh case on a daily basis. You think whatever case you are using is causing the damage? One of the cases I have is super tight even hard to install and remove but I like it so much that I still do but even though it feels like it's going to rip the paint off my phone it hasn't and I've been using it for 3 months.

Yeah that will affect the resell.

If I was you I'd open a ticket and say your having some sort of wifi issue etc and have them send you a replacement it will be refurbished most likely but still worth it I think. Maybe do that before the one year is up and warranty rubs out when we get closer to Oct like day Sept. Then you could resell it and get a better deal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't know if Google will warranty it but not something users should expect being in a case and only few months later . It's a known issue though.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if Google will warranty it but not something users should expect being in a case and only few months later . It's a known issue though.
I think the user above said he tried to warranty it but Google said no. If just wait a few months and end up creating a case with Google that your phone has some sort of wifi issue of some sort and get a refurbished replacement before your 1 year warranty expires. This way if you want to sell your p4 you'll have a better resell value IMHO.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean known issue throughout the internet or know issue documented by Google? If it's documented as a known issue by their QA/QC team, there is more likelyhood that it be addressed in future production and that they may do something for existing owners.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the user above said he tried to warranty it but Google said no. If just wait a few months and end up creating a case with Google that your phone has some sort of wifi issue of some sort and get a refurbished replacement before your 1 year warranty expires. This way if you want to sell your p4 you'll have a better resell value IMHO.
I think your idea is probably the best way to approach it for an immediate fix.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I think your idea is probably the best way to approach it for an immediate fix.
Works I've done it before where somehow s little paint chip appeared on my pixel 3 xl on the bottom corner and they replaced it when u told them I was having wifi issues even after factory resetting my phone. Also make sure you me too that you have the same issue on other wifi networks other than just your home so they don't say it's your home network. Good luck.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you mean known issue throughout the internet or know issue documented by Google? If it's documented as a known issue by their QA/QC team, there is more likelyhood that it be addressed in future production and that they may do something for existing owners.
I dont know if its documented by Google,but yes internet and here in the forums

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The problem is how we know if next one wont do the same .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae