03-25-2020 01:23 PM
69 123
tools
    I checked with my therapist and yes, more than one phone is a true sign on non-adulthood. If you look at the fact one can only talk on one phone at a time, the answer is quite obvious.

If you want more than one, but don't have more than one, you suffer from lackofphoneitis.
    Is lackofphoneitis somewhat like nomobiphobia??
    mustang7757 and ezdoit like this.
    03-05-2020 10:09 PM
    Yes - both are curable with a new cellphone, a Google Fi account, and a fat free sausage pizza.
    kmf1, mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-06-2020 05:36 AM
    I like to see them do more with soli motion
    I'm new to the pixel 4 myself. 4xl to be exact. I was exploring the possibility of using the device as a game cam this summer. Wondering if any developers are working on increasing the motion sense radius (if it's possible) to create a game cam app?

BTW what in the world were all the Pixel "reviewers" going on about?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-15-2020 08:40 PM
    I'm new to the pixel 4 myself. 4xl to be exact. I was exploring the possibility of using the device as a game cam this summer. Wondering if any developers are working on increasing the motion sense radius (if it's possible) to create a game cam app?

BTW what in the world were all the Pixel "reviewers" going on about?
    That I'm not sure , first I heard of that, sounds cool though.

As for the reviewers , lol I like them just for entertainment/show little of the phone but not buying decisions.
    galaxyfive likes this.
    03-15-2020 09:03 PM
    That I'm not sure , first I heard of that, sounds cool though.

As for the reviewers , lol I like them just for entertainment/show little of the phone but not buying decisions.
    Yeah let’s call it what it really was. A YouTube smear campaign on this phone. There were a couple fair reviewers at least.

I’m struggling with my buying decision. I’ve actually briefly owned both phones but have been hooked on iOS for a long time but I’m finally trying to break away.

The Ultra is great but I’m actually leaning towards the Pixel 4XL because it has a better camera at less than 50% of the price of the Ultra because of sales right now.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-17-2020 07:35 AM
    Yeah let’s call it what it really was. A YouTube smear campaign on this phone. There were a couple fair reviewers at least.

I’m struggling with my buying decision. I’ve actually briefly owned both phones but have been hooked on iOS for a long time but I’m finally trying to break away.

The Ultra is great but I’m actually leaning towards the Pixel 4XL because it has a better camera at less than 50% of the price of the Ultra because of sales right now.
    You cant go wrong either way , but if you want iPhone of android that wil be the pixel , if you want the top specs , best of everything you can have out there ..Samsung
    mjs2011 likes this.
    03-17-2020 11:38 AM
    You cant go wrong either way , but if you want iPhone of android that wil be the pixel , if you want the top specs , best of everything you can have out there ..Samsung
    I’m a big camera guy and I take a lot of pictures of my moving kids and pets so I think Pixel is definitely the way to go.
    mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-17-2020 11:40 AM
    I’m a big camera guy and I take a lot of pictures of my moving kids and pets so I think Pixel is definitely the way to go.
    I agree ..
    mjs2011 likes this.
    03-17-2020 11:42 AM
    I agree with you. My cat is a constantly moving subject and my Pixel 2 did an amazing job at image stabilization. My Samsung Galaxy S10 takes excellent photos but anything with my cat's movement may mean I have to try again to get a better shot.
    03-17-2020 12:10 PM
    Rumor has it that the Pixel 5 isn't going to have the latest and greatest processor going forward. That makes my Pixel 4 XL even better.
    03-17-2020 10:07 PM
    If the rumors are correct, and the 5 doesn't have high-end specs, my 4XL may be the final Google phone for me. I want, and expect to have, a flagship phone. If google won't provide that, then bye-bye to Google. I don't like Samsung, so it may, one day, mean a trip to the "Dark Side."
    03-18-2020 07:31 AM
    If the rumors are correct, and the 5 doesn't have high-end specs, my 4XL may be the final Google phone for me. I want, and expect to have, a flagship phone. If google won't provide that, then bye-bye to Google. I don't like Samsung, so it may, one day, mean a trip to the "Dark Side."
    I'm still going to buy Pixel devices, maybe just not the 5. I don't really care if it's considered a flagship device or not. As long as it is capable of doing the things that I'm expecting it to, I'm fine. A lower price tag would also be welcomed.
    mjs2011, Morty2264 and hub1 like this.
    03-18-2020 07:52 AM
    I'm still going to buy Pixel devices, maybe just not the 5. I don't really care if it's considered a flagship device or not. As long as it is capable of doing the things that I'm expecting it to, I'm fine. A lower price tag would also be welcomed.
    Yeah the 3a proved that you can have a capable phone without the top specs.

My big two needs with a phone are camera and battery. This phone checks about 1.5 of those boxes. The battery is good enough on the XL but if I were to be away from my charger for too long, I'd want to bring a battery pack.
    03-18-2020 08:40 AM
    Rumor has it that the Pixel 5 isn't going to have the latest and greatest processor going forward. That makes my Pixel 4 XL even better.
    Wow, seriously? That's... Disappointing. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens!
    03-18-2020 11:39 AM
    If you didn't know the specs of these devices and you just used them. I would be interested to see what your perspective would be. I think that we often allow what we see on paper influence how we perceive performance. I would be willing to guess that without the spec sheet, people would choose differently based on their usage of a particular smartphone.
    almath, Wiley_11 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-19-2020 06:08 PM
    If you didn't know the specs of these devices and you just used them. I would be interested to see what your perspective would be. I think that we often allow what we see on paper influence how we perceive performance. I would be willing to guess that without the spec sheet, people would choose differently based on their usage of a particular smartphone.
    Oh, for sure. My ideas and perceptions surrounding midrange phones were shattered when I used the Honor 8. I would totally get a phone like that again. That's why the Pixel 3a was so tempting.

I totally agree with you on this. I'm looking forward to the 5's release, regardless of what kind of phone Google decides to put out. I do miss the Pixel experience.
    WeAreAllUnique likes this.
    03-20-2020 11:50 AM
    I use a note 10+ and a pixel 4 XL as well. I love my note 10+, but there is something about a pixel that keeps bringing me back.
    WeAreAllUnique likes this.
    03-22-2020 09:29 AM
    I use a note 10+ and a pixel 4 XL as well. I love my note 10+, but there is something about a pixel that keeps bringing me back.
    You mean that elegant smoothness? Intuitive design? Feeling like it just works no matter what? Yes, I get you.
    kmf1, mjs2011 and srgonu like this.
    03-22-2020 09:33 AM
    You mean that elegant smoothness? Intuitive design? Feeling like it just works no matter what? Yes, I get you.
    Exactly that mate.
    03-25-2020 01:23 PM
69 123