MMS / RCS message delays to recipients

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've run into an issue where some of my MMS messages sent in group chats are super delayed to the recipient. I've had this happen in two separate chats, both where messages didn't show up for 1-3 hours after I sent. The chats I'm in both have 2 RCS users and 2 non-RCS users and I was on my home WiFi when sending the messages that were delayed.

I'm stumped as to what could be the cause and it's no doubt annoying, but I'm chalking it up to RCS since that's really all I can think of that would make sense. I'm thinking my messages are somehow getting hung up sending to non-RCS devices, but I'm open to any suggestions as to what else it might be. Help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks , I would try clearing cache,data,force stop the message app to do that long press message app tap info scroll to storage and clear data/cache then back out force stop. Could be glitching the app .

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thanks, tried most of that already. Cleared Carrier Services, cleared Messages data, no luck. Frustrating. Hard to test as well since it doesn't happen all the time, just intermittently.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah thanks, tried most of that already. Cleared Carrier Services, cleared Messages data, no luck. Frustrating. Hard to test as well since it doesn't happen all the time, just intermittently.
Can you try another message app , or uninstall the update to message app and don't let play store automatically update see if it's better with previous version. I aso have pixel 4xl but no group chat .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87