voicemail indicator not going away

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to make the Vmail indicator to go away. I have no vm saved for either phone line. I tried to clear the cache and data on the phone app, which helps temporarily, but it eventually comes back. I've restarted phone. I'm a bit of a loss as to whatelse more I can do. Anyone have any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any 3rd party voicemail apps installed (like a carrier-specific Visual Voicemail app)?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
One solution I found if you call that esim number from another number leave a voicemail then erase , can try that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems like that voicemail icon is being persistent! This may sound silly, but try powering down your phone completely and see what happens once you turn it on again. I'm with Roger's as well, and restarts usually took away that icon. Powering down your device may take away any bugs that are there.

Another suggestion is to boot your phone into Safe Mode. It may or may not help matters but it's a shot! If the icon does go away then there is an app that is interfering with things.

One thought: do you use Facebook Messenger to make calls and such? Do you have it integrated with your SMS app? What about Skype? Anything that involves calling/video chatting? Maybe open up those applications and see what happens. Again, it's a long shot but you never know!

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems like that voicemail icon is being persistent! This may sound silly, but try powering down your phone completely and see what happens once you turn it on again. I'm with Roger's as well, and restarts usually took away that icon. Powering down your device may take away any bugs that are there.

Another suggestion is to boot your phone into Safe Mode. It may or may not help matters but it's a shot! If the icon does go away then there is an app that is interfering with things.

One thought: do you use Facebook Messenger to make calls and such? Do you have it integrated with your SMS app? What about Skype? Anything that involves calling/video chatting? Maybe open up those applications and see what happens. Again, it's a long shot but you never know!

No luck. No, I don't have FBM or any other app that integrates SMS into it. I use the stock Android app.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for getting back to us! Your OS is up to date? Any other bugs happening that you've noticed? Did you try Safe Mode?

It's up to date. Google tried tried to trouble shoot with no luck. My next step is to reach out Rogers Mobility as it seems to be an eSIM issue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's up to date. Google tried tried to trouble shoot with no luck. My next step is to reach out Rogers Mobility as it seems to be an eSIM issue.

Okay, that sounds like a good plan! Roger's has an online chat function that works really well - I've used it with them a couple of times before. Keep us posted on what happens!