Very good review!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not new to Android (10 years of Moto phones) but fairly new to the Pixel 4. So far...I really like it.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I enjoyed all my pixels from 2xl,3xl and 4xl
Same here i have enjoyed all my pixel devices and the pixel 4xl had been exceptionally nothing but amazing for me. I never got poor battery life like some tech reviewers claimed after only using the device for a few days. I always and continue to get average of 6-6.5 SOT and I have motion sense on and 90hz forced via dev settings.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I couldn't agree more with everyone! From my Nexus phones to my Pixel 3 XL. I love them all. Does everything I want it to do, and is perfect! Takes the best photos on the market!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same here i have enjoyed all my pixel devices and the pixel 4xl had been exceptionally nothing but amazing for me. I never got poor battery life like some tech reviewers claimed after only using the device for a few days. I always and continue to get average of 6-6.5 SOT and I have motion sense on and 90hz forced via dev settings.
Yeah pixel 4xl the best I've had on a pixel phone battery wise and that's with 90hz all the time .

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Interesting review, I think the line that immediately resonated with me was...

I had two immediate observations: the Pixel 4 XL’s display is much dimmer and muted than the (usually) vibrant OnePlus 7T display and is clearly a step down. And the general design of the Pixel 4 XL is bland and unexceptional

I have a 4XL and S20+ and very recently had the OnePlus 7 Pro, I really should sell one as I flip-flop between them. I love my 4XL but there is something unremarkable about it and I think the line above and the comments on size do lead to that, it does feel dim and it does feel a little small. When I pick up the S20+ it feels night and day like a 2020 device vs. if I am being cruel a 2018 one but then the camera is so inconsistent and I find the software and gesture implementation make it all feel a little disjointed.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting review, I think the line that immediately resonated with me was...

I had two immediate observations: the Pixel 4 XL’s display is much dimmer and muted than the (usually) vibrant OnePlus 7T display and is clearly a step down. And the general design of the Pixel 4 XL is bland and unexceptional

I have a 4XL and S20+ and very recently had the OnePlus 7 Pro, I really should sell one as I flip-flop between them. I love my 4XL but there is something unremarkable about it and I think the line above and the comments on size do lead to that, it does feel dim and it does feel a little small. When I pick up the S20+ it feels night and day like a 2020 device vs. if I am being cruel a 2018 one but then the camera is so inconsistent and I find the software and gesture implementation make it all feel a little disjointed.

This last line is why I've returned to the Pixel 4XL as my daily driver. The design of the Pixel is no doubt unremarkable compared to the S20 devices but the camera and overall experience while using it is so much more polished than the S20. I keep wanting to use the S20 as my daily because of the display but every time I pop my sim back over it doesn't last. Like you said the gestures are not implemented near as well as the Pixel and the camera is just not near as stellar as the 4XL. The S20+ was an improvement over the Ultra but it still struggles with focusing on kids or other moving objects, especially in less than perfect lighting.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel collection
Pixel (12 months use)
Pixel XL (1 month use)
Pixel 2 (4 month use)
Pixel 2XL (7 months use)
Pixel 3 - got two didn't use either.
Pixel 3XL (5 months)
Pixel 3a (11 months)

I always have had a Pixel since about Dec 2016. I also have another device on my spare line - S7e, S8, S9, S10+ and S20 currently.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
This last line is why I've returned to the Pixel 4XL as my daily driver. The design of the Pixel is no doubt unremarkable compared to the S20 devices but the camera and overall experience while using it is so much more polished than the S20. I keep wanting to use the S20 as my daily because of the display but every time I pop my sim back over it doesn't last. Like you said the gestures are not implemented near as well as the Pixel and the camera is just not near as stellar as the 4XL. The S20+ was an improvement over the Ultra but it still struggles with focusing on kids or other moving objects, especially in less than perfect lighting.

Exactly how I feel. The screen, design and extra storage on the S20+ vs. pretty much everything else on the Pixel.

I am tempted to go back to the S20 for a few days though as I just got the April update through that and I tried the FPS battery optimisation hack which speeds that up too.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly how I feel. The screen, design and extra storage on the S20+ vs. pretty much everything else on the Pixel.

I am tempted to go back to the S20 for a few days though as I just got the April update through that and I tried the FPS battery optimisation hack which speeds that up too.

Hey! What's the battery optimization hack?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad