Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 4XL

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Running a Pixel 3, it's fine, it works, I don't really need to upgrade. Battery life isn't the best but I've generally got a charger with me so not a huge deal especially right now working from home. However with the price drop on the Pixel 4 XL I'm very tempted to snag one right now. Anybody come from a Pixel 3/3XL have any regrets going to a 4/4XL? I just don't see a phone I'm really going to want for the next year due to pricing and I ruled out the S20 because of the camera inconsistency but I'm not sure I want to live with a Pixel 3 for another year.

Thanks in advance.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not coming from a Pixel 3. But coming from a Moto phone to a Pixel 4 XL I have no regrets....if you can find a good deal. I don't think it's necessarily worth the full price amount (nor is any new phone these days). Seems like a great phone to me so far. Face unlock works great for me, and a a few apps still don't support it. Battery life for me has been really good so far.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not coming from a Pixel 3. But coming from a Moto phone to a Pixel 4 XL I have no regrets....if you can find a good deal. I don't think it's necessarily worth the full price amount (nor is any new phone these days). Seems like a great phone to me so far. Face unlock works great for me, and a a few apps still don't support it. Battery life for me has been really good so far.
Agree , especially not full price

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Agree , especially not full price
$599 right now seems like a great deal.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Pixel 3 XL with an iPhone XS in between. Got my Pixel 4 XL this week. It's really refined compared to the Pixel 3, which was a big step up from the Pixel 2.

Overall I'm really impressed and think the price is definitely worth it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I am not doing it. My pixel 3 XL still running perfectly and for me, it's not worth wasting $600. I'll look at pixel 5 when it comes out.

By the way, there is no free full resolution backup on pixel 4s. If that is something you care about.

Good luck with your decision. Not saying it is not a good phone, I am just very satisfied with my Pixel 3 XL is all.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Nope, I am not doing it. My pixel 3 XL still running perfectly and for me, it's not worth wasting $600. I'll look at pixel 5 when it comes out.

By the way, there is no free full resolution backup on pixel 4s. If that is something you care about.

Good luck with your decision. Not saying it is not a good phone, I am just very satisfied with my Pixel 3 XL is all.
Do you have the notch disabled via developer options?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Running a Pixel 3, it's fine, it works, I don't really need to upgrade. Battery life isn't the best but I've generally got a charger with me so not a huge deal especially right now working from home. However with the price drop on the Pixel 4 XL I'm very tempted to snag one right now. Anybody come from a Pixel 3/3XL have any regrets going to a 4/4XL? I just don't see a phone I'm really going to want for the next year due to pricing and I ruled out the S20 because of the camera inconsistency but I'm not sure I want to live with a Pixel 3 for another year.

Thanks in advance.

no you can't have a new phone.

Wait 2 yrs.
The phones will be better by then

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Pixel 3 XL with an iPhone XS in between. Got my Pixel 4 XL this week. It's really refined compared to the Pixel 3, which was a big step up from the Pixel 2.

Overall I'm really impressed and think the price is definitely worth it.
Good to know thank you!

I'm finding that it seems like some of the criticism of the pixel 4 & 4XL from the reviewers are not what the actual users are finding or they are exaggerated.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Good to know thank you!

I'm finding that it seems like some of the criticism of the pixel 4 & 4XL from the reviewers are not what the actual users are finding or they are exaggerated.
I feel the same. Many reviews were exaggerated in my opinion. So far, this has been a great phone for me; no complaints.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Good to know thank you!

I've always been function over form so I don't even notice many of the criticisms. The forehead is irrelevant to me coming from Pixel 3 XL and iPhone X. I love Pixel Android, the screen is great, haptics are solid, performance is smooth. I'd love to see better battery life, that's probably my biggest complaint already.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I came from iPhone 11 Pro. Got a smoking deal on 4 XL for $400 (CAD 600) So couldn't resist. Would be selling my iPhone 11 Pro for about $800. Its been good experience so far (2 days!!). Constantly fiddling with it unlike iPhone. Hopefully batter life settles down. Currently not getting through the day. But I'm constantly on it.

Go for it if you get a good deal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I came from iPhone 11 Pro. Got a smoking deal on 4 XL for $400 (CAD 600) So couldn't resist. Would be selling my iPhone 11 Pro for about $800. Its been good experience so far (2 days!!). Constantly fiddling with it unlike iPhone. Hopefully batter life settles down. Currently not getting through the day. But I'm constantly on it.

Go for it if you get a good deal.
Nice Congrats!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci