New Google Store Pixel 4XL no call waiting on Verizon.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my Pixel 2 XL because the camera died and bought a Pixel 4XL now that the price dropped. But I can not get call waiting to work on Verizon, which we have to use because of a company contract with Verizon. I'm not new to pixel phones been using Google phones since the G1 and I have looked everywhere there is no setting for call waiting, if I'm on a call and I get another call it just disconnects the call I'm on and rings. Verizon, after an hour of talking to their support, was no help, they blamed it on "not being a Verizon phone" which is BS as they sell the same phone, there is supposed to be no difference between the Verizon Pixel phones and Google Pixel phones. Anyone have this problem or suggestions? This is beyond annoying because this is my work phone and I'm down to 2 days left to return it, which I'm seriously thinking about.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's either a weird glitch or a ridiculous oversight on someone's part.:-\ Just to be clear, you opened the Phone app, tapped Menu>Settings>Calls, and couldn't find an Additional Settings option (or it's there, but there's no Call Waiting toggle there)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's kind of ridiculous.:-\ Is there an option to turn it on in your My Verizon account site on the web?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my Pixel 2 XL because the camera died and bought a Pixel 4XL now that the price dropped. But I can not get call waiting to work on Verizon, which we have to use because of a company contract with Verizon. I'm not new to pixel phones been using Google phones since the G1 and I have looked everywhere there is no setting for call waiting, if I'm on a call and I get another call it just disconnects the call I'm on and rings. Verizon, after an hour of talking to their support, was no help, they blamed it on "not being a Verizon phone" which is BS as they sell the same phone, there is supposed to be no difference between the Verizon Pixel phones and Google Pixel phones. Anyone have this problem or suggestions? This is beyond annoying because this is my work phone and I'm down to 2 days left to return it, which I'm seriously thinking about.
Something is wrong if it bumps your first call

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I always got call waiting on my Pixel 3XL which was the Unlocked variant. Call waiting also works on all my other unlocked devices.

Do you recall if you could toggle it on and off within the Phone app's settings, or did you have to do that in the My Verizon account website or app?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Any phone Verizon touches they seem to leave out stuff:(

Yeah, I really do not like Verizon, but we're forced to use them on our work phones. If I take the Verizon Sim card out then reboot the phone the option for call waiting is there, if I put the Verizon Sim card back in the option for call waiting is gone. Like in no place to be found, so it's another Verizon stupidity thing to deal with. We have been asking our communications manager to please call AT&T and cut a deal with them as we have 43 cell phone lines, but we found out her brother in law is our Verizon rep.
I'll probably just keep it and use it on my personal AT&T line, I put my AT&T Sim card in the phone and the call waiting setting was still there, so yep, another Verizon problem to add to the list of crap.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I really do not like Verizon, but we're forced to use them on our work phones. If I take the Verizon Sim card out then reboot the phone the option for call waiting is there, if I put the Verizon Sim card back in the option for call waiting is gone. Like in no place to be found, so it's another Verizon stupidity thing to deal with. We have been asking our communications manager to please call AT&T and cut a deal with them as we have 43 cell phone lines, but we found out her brother in law is our Verizon rep.
I'll probably just keep it and use it on my personal AT&T line, I put my AT&T Sim card in the phone and the call waiting setting was still there, so yep, another Verizon problem to add to the list of crap.
I dont know why they mess with that stuff , guess they want you use there apps .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have personal experience with this, but you say this is your work phone. Do you mean it is provided by your work or have any of their management software on it, or is this one you bought and own yourself without any of your company's software but you only use it for work related calls? The same question for the SIM card, is it yours or provided by your company?

I'm wondering if there's some sort of provisioning issue caused by something related to your work use.

I know it may be questionable right now, but any chance you could go to a store to try a test SIM or something?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you recall if you could toggle it on and off within the Phone app's settings, or did you have to do that in the My Verizon account website or app?
There is no setting for call waiting that I'm aware of on a device. It may have been part of a calling feature on my plan years ago but it's automatic

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
If you are using a smartwatch, please check the settings. I had a similar problem happen to me and when I changed the settings on my Smart Watch the problem went away.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I might have to test this and have someone call me while on a call. Doesn't happen to me often, but pretty sure this worked as intended on my Verizon Pixel 4 the one time I have had two calls at once.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So is this happening on all the work phones or just yours?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No one messes up phones like AT&T not even close lol.

Also, I only use non carrier unlocked phones and never had any issue with call waiting on Pixel 4 XL on Verizon or even on other phones. Not sure what could be wrong with yours.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And I just swapped my Verizon SIM to my Google store unlocked 4 XL and tested out again. Worked as expected and had no issues putting a call on hold and answering the new call. When you answer the new call, the previous call was automatically put on hold. See on top it shows the previous call is on hold and I have the ability to swap between calls etc.

a5ededd85a92748d28e401c2e2288866.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38