Case suggestion for Pixel 4a

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife and I Pixel 4a's. I've been looking at cases and I found this brand (pictured). I like belt clips and she puts her phone either in her purse or front pocket of her bib overall, so a screen protector is important tp her. This case seems to offer the best of both needs plus a kickstand.
Does anyone have any experience with this brand or have any better solutions?
Btw: These phones are replacing her Blackberry Motion and mine is replacing my K2LE. We both love these Pixel 4a's and the camera is steller.
cca5c71a4f879c84833cbee46b276cd8.jpg

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this , just to have one when I got my 4a...I neither like it or dislike it. I would order a different color but I am not using the phone. Decided I like my P2 XL better.

Screenshot_20200829-085115.jpg

IMG_20200820_152331.jpg

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Pixel 1 in Spigen Tough Armor and just ordered my Pixel 4a and a Spigen Tough Armor (and a glass screen protector) for it.

Edit: Just got my Pixel 4a and the Spigen Tough Armor case. Spigen has made one small, but crucial improvement: The power button area is slightly recessed and serrated so it feels different than the volume buttons. I was often hitting the power button on my Pixel 1 when I was trying to raise the volume. Shouldn't have that issue now.

Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Add another one on the Spigen train. I've been using their Rugged Armor models for all my Pixels. I had a case by Adopted for my Nexus 6p that I really liked, but they didn't make any for the Pixel, so after searching I found Spigen.

I chose the Rigged Armor because I wanted a single piece case (as opposed to the hybrid 2 piece polycarbonate/TPU models), it doesn't leave the buttons exposed, and has decent grip. I wouldn't mind a clear case, but any that are flexible tend to turn yellow after awhile in my experience (same with most any flexible clear material).

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for their response. We went with the Unicorn Beetle Pro (pictured in first post).
It really is a heavy duty case; the combined phone and case weigh almost 8 oz. It has rubber coverings for the side buttons, thick hinged rubber plugs for the headphone jack and the USB-C port, almost making the phone water proof. The deep fingerprint sensor indent makes locating the sensor a breeze, almost instinctual and natural.
It does come with a belt clip which for me was a selling point. It securely holds the phone. Almost too securely. It is hard to release the phone without unclipping it from the belt to remove the phone. Maybe with more practice and use it will become easier.
We do have a couple of complaints. The kick stand is unstable with the phone setup vertically. It's wobbly and too easy to knock over. The base of the stand needs to be wider. Horizontally it is fine.
The other gripe is the material the screen protector is made of. It's a clear thin vinyl plastic and it is a finger print grease magnet. It actually can become fairly gross looking. It's hard to clean. The screen is also reflective so lights and other backgrounds (and my face ugh) can be a little distracting. I'm hoping the company will come out with a replacement screen with better materials.
I did post my complaints in a review of the case on Amazon.
Overall we are pleased with the case. It makes holding the phone more secure and it adds just enough width to make two hand typing alot easier (I'm coming from a Blackberry Key²LE with the great pkb). Screen typing is taking a bit of getting use to. My wife is already used to it since she has a Blackberry Motion which doesn't have a pkb.
So again thanks for your input.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I've got a 4a on order, no shipping notification yet tho. The one thing I want is a LOUD color! Why black anyway?, put the phone down and black fades right into it's local environment. Not good.
I'd really like an international orange case. Still looking.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hah! an Android forum about Google phones won't load a picture of a Google phone, taken by a Google phone? There's a message there ... somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance