4a real world battery life

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
What's some real world battery life? I know it all depends on use. Just include what you consider yourself, light, medium heavy and maybe compared to previous phones you've owned.
Thanks

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting excellent battery life compared to previous devices. Most of my use is over WiFi, but the same is true for previous devices. For most of them, the best I could get was around 3 - 3 1/2hrs of SOT over a 12-16hr period. With the 4a, I'm able to get up to 5 1/2hrs of SOT over a 13-18hr period. And overnight (standy) use is much better as well, usually if I sleep for 5-6hrs, I'll see around a 1-2% drop. With my Pixel 3 for example, I'd see around a 4-6% drop over the same period. So I'm happy with battery life.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I guess I would consider myself a below average user on my Pixel 4a.
I don't game at all. I don't watch movies or YouTube videos. I have a 65" 4K tv for that. I do my banking, a few social apps, news and Facebook and a few forum reading on my phone.
I work from home so I'm connected to my wifi and have Google FI so 99% of my phone calls and data use are through wifi, I have mobile data turned off when I'm home.
Below is a fairly typical battery usage report.
feedcf065067133a42587a5365c1029a.jpg

dwester

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I too consider myself moderate user and no gaming. I usually have no problem getting more than 24 hours out of single charge. with that being said, I have had a few times where the phone has behaved badly and battery drain was fast. They all have been since 11upgrade and phone is warm when this happens. I suspect an offending app but have been able to isolate. killing all apps did not resolve not did a recharge or restart. Had to shut down.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine's been pretty good. During the work week, I usually top off after lunch just because I'm like that (and I'm at my desk anyway, so why not). But there's been some saturdays and sundays where I'm doing Spotify w/BT headphones a good majority of the day (starting around 7 or 8) mixed with some FB and browsing, and I'm down to 10-15% by 9 or 10. All that to say, it's never run out on me or left me scrambling for a charger just to be able to do something

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too consider myself moderate user and no gaming. I usually have no problem getting more than 24 hours out of single charge. with that being said, I have had a few times where the phone has behaved badly and battery drain was fast. They all have been since 11upgrade and phone is warm when this happens. I suspect an offending app but have been able to isolate. killing all apps did not resolve not did a recharge or restart. Had to shut down.

Did the situation persist in Safe Mode?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the 4a and never had to charge during the day. It easily goes 24 hours off the charger. She typically has about 4 hours SOT over 24 hours and still has around 40% battery left at the end of the day. If she wanted to stretch it, she could probably get 36 hours off the charger and 7 hours SOT. The phone is very power efficient.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My wife has the 4a and never had to charge during the day. It easily goes 24 hours off the charger. She typically has about 4 hours SOT over 24 hours and still has around 40% battery left at the end of the day. If she wanted to stretch it, she could probably get 36 hours off the charger and 7 hours SOT. The phone is very power efficient.
Thanks for the input

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet