Pre-ordered a 4a 5G

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Traded in my Pixel 3a XL and got $250 off from TMo. A bit funky on the process - did an online trade in and got $60 there, and CSR said that once I return the 3a XL, I'll get another bill credit for the balance. Also found an Amazon case with kick stand that comes with two tempered glass screen protectors for $10. Good deals all around.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just did the same deal with my old Pixel 2. Got $20, but was assured the rest of the $250 would be credited back. Quite a deal for $250 for the 4a 5g!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Awesome y'all.. Great to see some deals and joining the 4a 5G family... I have been using the unlocked phone for a few days... I don't have my sim in yet but testing on wifi at home...

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my 2XL. Few weeks ago I got a Pixel 5 but didn't like it (too small) so returned it and preordered the 4a 5G from Verizon. Got notification today that it's being shipped and should be here on Thursday!

laker6666

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Did they give you an idea on shipping timeframe? I did the upgrade online last Friday and haven't seen any update? Tmobile also

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For those who had the Pixel 5 and returned because of small size, do you mean the feel in the hand is too small? I have a Pixel 3A XL that has a 6inch display and the Pixel 5 has a 6inch display as well. Is the screen pretty much the same thing or does it feel more cramped on the Pixel 5? Like the icons are closer together on the homescreen and app drawer?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is if I can just imagine the Pixel 5 being the same screen as my 3A XL with very small bezels around it. I can't imagine that feels small unless the screen is not the same and is more narrow and taller on the 5.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
For those who had the Pixel 5 and returned because of small size, do you mean the feel in the hand is too small? I have a Pixel 3A XL that has a 6inch display and the Pixel 5 has a 6inch display as well. Is the screen pretty much the same thing or does it feel more cramped on the Pixel 5? Like the icons are closer together on the homescreen and app drawer?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is if I can just imagine the Pixel 5 being the same screen as my 3A XL with very small bezels around it. I can't imagine that feels small unless the screen is not the same and is more narrow and taller on the 5.

Not sure if this helps, but it is a cool tool:

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

My mother has the 3aXL, and I have the Pixel 5 (coming from the Pixel 2xl and before that, the Nexus 6), and although the screens are the same size, the aspect ratios are different.

The Nexus 6 had a 16:9 aspect ratio.
The Pixel 2xl had an 18:9 aspect ratio.
The Pixel 3aXL has an 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
The Pixel 5 has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio.

Because of this, the Nexus 6 was the widest and biggest, while the Pixel 5 is the slimmest and the smallest. I have an Otterbox Defender Pro case on it and it feels just fine. It's nice to be able to get the benefits of a 6 inch screen with one-handed use. The screen does not look small at all. When I put it next to my mother's 3aXL, the screen sizes look basically the same.

On top of this, the Pixel 5 is almost without bezels, thus the screen takes up practically the entire phone (very good thing). It is visually appealing and satisfying. I'm sure the 4a5g will give a similar feel.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Well a lot of us after using 6.5 to 6.9 inch phones, simply can't go back to a 6.0 inch device. I myself thought I could get used to it, but I just couldn't. The 4a 5g is much more appealing at 6.2. .2 doesn't sound like much, but it is. Just look at them side by side, the bigger screen real estate on the 4a 5g is quite noticeable.

Last edited:

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
It's here! But. . .I'm not going to set it up until next week until my wife and I decide who gets the 4a 5g and who gets the 5.

Attachments

• 160360.jpg
    160360.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Two days away!

Keep us posted! :)

Only if they're living a month in the past, or WAY in the future.

I just ordered a 4a 5G. It's not a pre-order. Fi had a deal for existing customers - $150 off. I'm 6 weeks shy of 3 years with the 2xl, I think this is the longest I've kept a daily-driver phone since the smartphone era started. Mine delivers either the day before Thanksgiving or on Black Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv