Pre-ordered a 4a 5G

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Only if they're living a month in the past, or WAY in the future.

I just ordered a 4a 5G. It's not a pre-order. Fi had a deal for existing customers - $150 off. I'm 6 weeks shy of 3 years with the 2xl, I think this is the longest I've kept a daily-driver phone since the smartphone era started. Mine delivers either the day before Thanksgiving or on Black Friday.

Ahhh, I gotcha! Wow! Three years is a long time! But the Pixel 2 XL is such a trusty device - I can certainly understand why you've kept it for this long.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Pixel 2. It's weird getting used to having a bigger phone again, but so far so good. I was torn between the 4a 5G and the 5, but ultimately none of the extras of the 5 really spoke to me enough to justify the extra money.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from the Pixel 2. It's weird getting used to having a bigger phone again, but so far so good. I was torn between the 4a 5G and the 5, but ultimately none of the extras of the 5 really spoke to me enough to justify the extra money.

Sometimes that happens with upgrades that are only an iteration apart - not enough to justify the larger price tag. Enjoy your Pixel 4a!

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine arrived last night. It's a TINY bit smaller than my Pixel 2XL but the screen is a big larger and much brighter. Moved everything over from the old phone with no issues thanks to the adapter in the box. Google makes things SO EASY! Again had a problem with Nova Launcher, the phone kept wanting to go back to the Pixel Launcher but resolved that too. I have a case coming today because it is a bit too slippery for my taste. It is VERY responsive, in fact almost too much so at times, it seems like the notification shade will drop down just from tipping the phone but it's probably just me. Haven't tried out the camera/video yet but will be doing so today. Very happy so far.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine arrived last night. It's a TINY bit smaller than my Pixel 2XL but the screen is a big larger and much brighter. Moved everything over from the old phone with no issues thanks to the adapter in the box. Google makes things SO EASY! Again had a problem with Nova Launcher, the phone kept wanting to go back to the Pixel Launcher but resolved that too. I have a case coming today because it is a bit too slippery for my taste. It is VERY responsive, in fact almost too much so at times, it seems like the notification shade will drop down just from tipping the phone but it's probably just me. Haven't tried out the camera/video yet but will be doing so today. Very happy so far.
The notification shade coming down might be from a finger accidentally swiping down on the finger print reader on the back. You can swipe up for the notification shade to go back up. It's a nice feature.

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The notification shade coming down might be from a finger accidentally swiping down on the finger print reader on the back. You can swipe up for the notification shade to go back up. It's a nice feature.

Thank you so much, I didn't realize that. It's going to annoy me more than help me so I turned it off.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered one from google fi $299 with new customer activation. I've always wanted to try fi anyway. Likely switch back to Verizon prepaid in the spring though.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the 4a 5G with the T-Mobile trade-in deal. I traded in an original Pixel that had been lying around for a while. The battery is pretty much hosed on it. I could charge it enough to reset it but it basically will not start without a charger. It's in perfect condition though. Will be interesting to see if the trade-in is accepted...Enough on the trade-in...This phone rocks! I had the 4a and it just seemed a little slow and I wanted the screen to be a little larger. The 4a 5G resolves both of these issues. Plus, Android 11 is really smooth so far from what the little time I have had with it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's so weird how just changing the device can change how you interact with your device. I tried using gesture navigation on my Pixel 2xl, couldn't get a handle on it. I've kept it so far on the 4a 5G and it's becoming second nature...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's so weird how just changing the device can change how you interact with your device. I tried using gesture navigation on my Pixel 2xl, couldn't get a handle on it. I've kept it so far on the 4a 5G and it's becoming second nature...
I didn't like how Google implemented it back then, now it's my favorite :)

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I got used to gestures back on BlackBerry10. It's funny how some criticised BlackBerry for the confusing gestures as opposed to buttons, but I feel like BlackBerry's implementation was very elegant and in many ways still better than what iOS or Android can do.

I use Google gestures always I find them easier to move around..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20