01-24-2021 08:51 AM
27 12
tools
    So for a limited time you can now get your grubby little hands on a Pixel 4A in barely blue! The one that was leaked and then cancelled.

How unfortunate it wasn't available at launch. I'm tempted to get it as I easily fall for devices that come in blue (OG Pixel RIP).

Any of you trading up your current device for it?

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_4a

Barely Blue Pixel 4A-unnamed.jpg
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-16-2020 02:32 PM
    I tried to trade in my Pixel 4 - wouldn't take it.
    11-16-2020 03:29 PM
    I tried to trade in my Pixel 4 - wouldn't take it.
    Why ? What happened?
    11-16-2020 10:18 PM
    Working OK now - earlier the 2 "arrowed" items were not showing up in the cart.
    Looks like I'm going to have a Barely Blue 4a to go with the Sorta Sage 5.
    I love it when things like this happen -

Barely Blue Pixel 4A-ok.jpg
    11-17-2020 01:21 AM
    Working OK now - earlier the 2 "arrowed" items were not showing up in the cart.
    Looks like I'm going to have a Barely Blue 4a to go with the Sorta Sage 5.
    I love it when things like this happen -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OK.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	328944
    I was thinking of trading in my 3A XL but Google's trade in values are horrendous. I rather sell it via a third party site and get a bit more but understandably not everyone wants to go through that hassle either.

Glad you got it to work. I wish there were already in person pictures of this color. It looks very very baby blue on Google's site. I wonder if it leans more to white or if it is more reminiscent of the purple 3A.
    11-17-2020 09:16 AM
    I was thinking of trading in my 3A XL but Google's trade in values are horrendous. I rather sell it via a third party site and get a bit more but understandably not everyone wants to go through that hassle either.

Glad you got it to work. I wish there were already in person pictures of this color. It looks very very baby blue on Google's site. I wonder if it leans more to white or if it is more reminiscent of the purple 3A.
    I imagine "in person" is pretty close - I am one who "doesn't want the hassle" for a few dollars more -
    11-17-2020 10:10 AM
    Can no longer cancel order, nor buy another one - in a few months I'll put this on ebay for many many $$s -

Barely Blue Pixel 4A-capture.jpg

Barely Blue on the way - shipped 17 hours after order placed - can't complain about this.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-17-2020 02:06 PM
    Can no longer cancel order, nor buy another one - in a few months I'll put this on ebay for many many $$s -

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	328958

Barely Blue on the way - shipped 17 hours after order placed - can't complain about this.
    Wow that was fast. I'll buy it from you at $100. You know Pixels never hold value! Hahaha.
    Still a great purchase. Hope you can post some pictures of it once you receive it and hopefully by then it'll still be available as I am considering it. I've decided to start using smaller phones again. Got tired of phablets and looking to sell my 3A XL.
    11-18-2020 11:03 AM
    Wow that was fast. I'll buy it from you at $100. You know Pixels never hold value! Hahaha.
    Still a great purchase. Hope you can post some pictures of it once you receive it and hopefully by then it'll still be available as I am considering it. I've decided to start using smaller phones again. Got tired of phablets and looking to sell my 3A XL.
    Still available as of now.......go get it!
    11-18-2020 12:47 PM
    Still available as of now.......go get it!

I'm tempted to but I am taking a gamble and waiting to see if anybody here will post pictures of it once they get it. I'm really curious what it looks like in "real world" pictures.

Sold my 3A XL today and using an iPhone for now. Something just doesn't feel right about not owning a Pixel! Just undecided whether I'll get one of the devices available this year or wait until next release.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-19-2020 03:39 PM
    I'm tempted to but I am taking a gamble and waiting to see if anybody here will post pictures of it once they get it. I'm really curious what it looks like in "real world" pictures.

Sold my 3A XL today and using an iPhone for now. Something just doesn't feel right about not owning a Pixel! Just undecided whether I'll get one of the devices available this year or wait until next release.
    Mine will be here tomorrow - will post a pic - I'll bet the phone looks just like it does in all the online photos - my green sage phone does.

Take a deep breath - order the phone - what could go wrong - nothing, a case can't fix - you could get a Pixel Pinkie case - very nice -
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    11-19-2020 03:43 PM
    11-19-2020 09:43 PM
    So for a limited time you can now get your grubby little hands on a Pixel 4A in barely blue! The one that was leaked and then cancelled.

How unfortunate it wasn't available at launch. I'm tempted to get it as I easily fall for devices that come in blue (OG Pixel RIP).

Any of you trading up your current device for it?

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_4a

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	328911
    I saw this too - definitely a beautiful device. Love the 'Barely Blue' as a colour choice, as well.

Barely Blue, Sage Green... Pixel's doing a great job with colours as of late.

Also, I LOVE that orange Power button.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    11-19-2020 09:53 PM
    I saw this too - definitely a beautiful device. Love the 'Barely Blue' as a colour choice, as well.

Barely Blue, Sage Green... Pixel's doing a great job with colours as of late.

Also, I LOVE that orange Power button.
    Yes agree very nice colors ..be nice they bring a few more to the lineup
    Morty2264 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-19-2020 10:43 PM
    Yes agree very nice colors ..be nice they bring a few more to the lineup
    For sure! It's a nice change from the usual white and black options. I'd love a blue phone.
    bkdodger2 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-20-2020 08:17 AM
    for sure! It's a nice change from the usual white and black options. I'd love a blue phone.
    Barely Blue Pixel 4A-gsmarena_001.jpg

RIP OG Blue Pixel.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-20-2020 01:08 PM

RIP OG Blue Pixel.
    If I recall right - they were hard to get.
    11-20-2020 01:44 PM

Name:	gsmarena_001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	329059

RIP OG Blue Pixel.
    Good times!
    11-20-2020 02:09 PM
    If I recall right - they were hard to get.
    I purchased it right away in blue. Unfortunately I went through 4 of them! haha. First one the speakers died, second one the screen had some weird lighting issue, the third one just died randomly, and finally the 4th that I had was good until I was on my anniversary in New York taking pictures with my wife in central park, the phone started getting hot and then shut off and died. Lost all our pictures as they didn't back up in time. They were beautiful too. My wife never forgave Google for this and after that I couldn't get her on a Pixel.

The good (if you can call it that) is that I was eligible for the class action lawsuit and got paid.

Anyway this didn't deter me from loving Pixel phones.

Say did you get your 3A yet?
    11-20-2020 02:27 PM
    I purchased it right away in blue. Unfortunately I went through 4 of them! haha. First one the speakers died, second one the screen had some weird lighting issue, the third one just died randomly, and finally the 4th that I had was good until I was on my anniversary in New York taking pictures with my wife in central park, the phone started getting hot and then shut off and died. Lost all our pictures as they didn't back up in time. They were beautiful too. My wife never forgave Google for this and after that I couldn't get her on a Pixel.

The good (if you can call it that) is that I was eligible for the class action lawsuit and got paid.

Anyway this didn't deter me from loving Pixel phones.

Say did you get your 3A yet?
    4A - Barely Blue - next to the Sorta Sage P5
    Barely Blue Pixel 4A-2phones.jpg
    bkdodger2 and Morty2264 like this.
    11-20-2020 03:20 PM

Name:	2phones.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	329060
    Thanks! It's very nice looking and just like on the website. To me it looks very similar to the purple 3A of last year.
    11-20-2020 03:45 PM
    Thanks! It's very nice looking and just like on the website. To me it looks very similar to the purple 3A of last year.

I like it a lot better than Green Machine - one of my P5 cases I had fit right on - camera cut out a little too big
    Don't mind the tape - just a reminder what phone the case is for - the more I look at these 2 phones the more
    I like the blue and the less I like the green

Barely Blue Pixel 4A-pxl_20201120_204902932.jpg
    11-20-2020 03:53 PM
    I like it a lot better than Green Machine - one of my P5 cases I had fit right on - camera cut out a little too big
    Don't mind the tape - just a reminder what phone the case is for - the more I look at these 2 phones the more
    I like the blue and the less I like the green

Name:	PXL_20201120_204902932.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	656.4 KB 
ID:	329066
    I agree I like it better than the Sage. Something about the material with those little black specs on the back that really does look like something recycled. The blue has a cleaner look and somewhat simplistic. I wouldn't say either are head turners in the looks department but still great phones.
    Congrats on owning both!
    ezdoit likes this.
    11-20-2020 04:43 PM

Name:	2phones.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	329060
    Wow! What beautiful devices! Thank you so much for showing us this picture!
    ezdoit likes this.
    11-21-2020 10:38 AM
    I finally managed to see the 4A in black and the 5 in black and sage color options today at Best Buy. Oddly I didn't like how compact the screen felt on the 4A coming from the 3A XL yet the 5 felt better to me even though the body size difference isn't that big. Also for the first time I prefer the black color option. Going to save up a bit and get the 5 by January.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-21-2020 08:06 PM
27 12