Anyone move from the Pixel 4a to 4a 5G?

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like to hear from anyone making the move from the Pixel 4a to the Pixel 4a5g. I feel the 4a is a bit small for me but still love the experience. What has been your experience?

Thanks!

h3ndr1x

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I thought I would be one of the only people to do this. I had the 4a and to be honest it's great but I found that my battery wasn't getting me through an entire day, I also found that the usability was nice because of the small size but I also wished it was a bit bigger when watching videos and reading... long story short I watched a few reviews and recently got the 4a 5g about 4 days ago......here's what I can tell you, I feel it's the perfect size for a phone. that's my opinion. I also have larger hands but it fits in a pocket unlike my s20 plus that was basically a flat screen tv and it's still rather slim too. the battery life is really all day 6 am to around 12 am with what I would consider normal use during the day, social media, phone calls, video, I don't game so can't say much about that...overall it's the 4a but better in just about all aspects for me. only thing I would say that kinda sucks is the case selection for the 4a 5g is limited and dbrand isn't selling skins until 12/12 for some reason..so I been fully naked with the phone for a few days waiting on my cheap case and screen protectors to come in. so there is that. I dunno I am happy overall with making the jump.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
We have the 4a, the 4a 5G and the 5. The 4a and the 5 are essentially the same size. My wife likes the 5 for the small size. I'm coming from a 2XL so I prefer the 4a 5G. BTW I'm using a Caseology case with it. Grippy and looks nice.

Last edited:

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both for responding. I think I will go to Best buy and check out the 4a5g and see how it feels in the hand.

Thanks again!

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I stopped by Best Buy the other day and looked at the 4a5g. I think I would like to upgrade from the 4a however I would need to sell it. What do you all think would be my best option for recouping some of my investment?

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I stopped by Best Buy the other day and looked at the 4a5g. I think I would like to upgrade from the 4a however I would need to sell it. What do you all think would be my best option for recouping some of my investment?

Thanks!
Try swappa or Facebook Market place

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just switched yesterday. They are both great phones to be honest. Today will be my first full day with the 4a 5G but so far so good. It's the same as the 4a but bigger. Not gonna lie but as of right now I kinda prefer the 4a but again I just got this 4a 5g so I'll spend time with it and see.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
What is it about the 4 that you prefer?

I just switched yesterday. They are both great phones to be honest. Today will be my first full day with the 4a 5G but so far so good. It's the same as the 4a but bigger. Not gonna lie but as of right now I kinda prefer the 4a but again I just got this 4a 5g so I'll spend time with it and see.

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I guess the size. I like the bigger screen but for some reason I have more fun using the 4a

Do you still like the 4a? I was drinking of switching to the 4a 5g from my 4a for the size and camera but not sure if it's much of an improvement. I type really well on the 4a too.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you still like the 4a? I was drinking of switching to the 4a 5g from my 4a for the size and camera but not sure if it's much of an improvement. I type really well on the 4a too.
What you be hoping to gain? 5g?
I'd wait for the 6 and then see. It's not that far away.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 3A XL to a smaller (yet heavier) iPhone XR and finally settled on the 4A. While I love having bigger screen, I do love the usefulness of having a small phone I can just quickly check my emails and calls and Whatsapp. That's pretty much the extent of my phone use aside from reading news articles every now and then. I've never been much for watching streaming content on my phone. Ultimately the 4A is the perfect phone for me. Battery life is good and I'm hoping gets even better with battery optimization.

Also, the buttons (power and volume) are so clicky! I love it haha! Not sure if the ones on the 4A 5G are the same. Also love how light and easy it is to carry in my pocket.

cwHemphill

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using a Note 20 Ultra for the past few months and was getting tired of the size of it. Bought an unlocked 4a from best buy yesterday and loved everything about it; except for the size. It was a little too small for me. So today I took it back to best buy and exchanged it for the 4a 5g. I think that the size is perfect for me. No regrets so far!

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I started this post back in December and finally getting around to purchasing a 4a5g. Best Buy in my area has a sale for $399. Should I pull the trigger or wait for the 5a to (or Pixel 6) to be released this summer? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae