Can you turn off the 5G in Pixel 4a 5G

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have no interest in the 5G feature and mainly want this phone for the wide angle lens. For battery purposes would want to turn off the 5G feature and assume there's a way to turn it off in Network settings. Can someone confirm that it could be done?

Thanks.

haris163

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have no interest in the 5G feature and mainly want this phone for the wide angle lens. For battery purposes would want to turn off the 5G feature and assume there's a way to turn it off in Network settings. Can someone confirm that it could be done?

Thanks.
Yes, dial *#*#4636#*#* (copy paste might not work), then select Phone Information and you can select a network combination without 5G (shown as NR).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And coverage is different - you may be in a 5G area and not have any 4G coverage. So if you turn 5G off and lose service, that's why. (Eventually 5G will be used for voice and text and no one will have any 4G equipment on the towers. The same thing happened when we finally got 2G ... that's with the dodos now [in the US].)

ccaros1016

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I just tried doing this to turn off 5g on my google pixel 4a5g:

[Yes, dial *#*#4636#*#* (copy paste might not work), then select Phone Information and you can select a network combination without 5G (shown as NR).]

I am using AT&T as my service provider. When I select the drop down to change the preferred network type, there are SO MANY options and I do not know which one to pick. I just want the regular 4g LTE I guess? Whatever was being used before this 5g came around. The 5g seems to make my service slower. Can someone help me? I'm just stuck because there are so many options on that drop down menu.

Last edited:

haris163

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just tried doing this to turn off 5g on my google pixel 4a5g:

[Yes, dial *#*#4636#*#* (copy paste might not work), then select Phone Information and you can select a network combination without 5G (shown as NR).]

I am using AT&T as my service provider. When I select the drop down to change the preferred network type, there are SO MANY options and I do not know which one to pick. I just want the regular 4g LTE I guess? Whatever was being used before this 5g came around. The 5g seems to make my service slower. Can someone help me? I'm just stuck because there are so many options on that drop down menu.
I also have AT&T and my plan doesn't have 5G so I selected LTE/WCDMA which should cover both flavors of 4G plus 3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel