Contrary to information directly from Google Support (see attachment) Hold For Me isn't a feature in the Pixel 4a Phone app. It does indicate the Phone app needs to be updated. A phone update came last night. Still HFM isn't there. Sooo a few minutes ago I joined the Phone app Beta program and installed the beta version thinking it would be there. A big nope.
    It appears info on the Support site is a bit premature.
    I really could have used the HFM feature yesterday when I was on hold for 15 minutes to talk to my retirement account company.

Update: It is in beta version. See 2nd post below.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-11-2020 05:23 AM
    Well guess what just showed up in the beta version of the phone app? "Hold For Me".
    So if you want the feature join the phone app beta program.

Mods can you remove the " marks from thread title?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-11-2020 05:40 AM
    Thanks for the info -- I'll mark this as solved!
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    12-11-2020 12:26 PM
    I was going to test Hold For Me when I had to make a 800# call. It only works when you call a 800 number. That's seems a bit idiotic. It should work with any number called when out on hold.

I use a Bluetooth ear piece for all my calls.
    Lo and behold Hold For Me doesn't work with Bluetooth. What good is that?? That seems to me to defeat an advantage in having that feature, at least for me.
    So color me unimpressed. I did complain to Google about the Bluetooth restriction. Maybe it will be fixed on the near future.
    12-11-2020 12:57 PM
    Well, if it's in the beta version, it's probably not a final product and will hopefully be updated/improved.
    12-11-2020 01:48 PM
    Well, if it's in the beta version, it's probably not a final product and will hopefully be updated/improved.
    It just may have been a coincidence that I got it after I installed the beta version since it didn't show up for a bit afterwards. Maybe if I waited longer after I installed the public update it would have appeared. Others with the other Pixel 4 models are reporting it showing up after they installed the public phone update.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-11-2020 02:06 PM
    I have a 3 XL not on the beta Phone app, and I got the Hold for Me option. It just cropped up after an update today, so if you're not seeing it, make sure the Phone app is up to date (58.0.346367036).
    12-11-2020 04:03 PM
    I don't have the beta Google Phone app on my 4a (not 5G) and it just prompted me if I wanted to turn on Hold For Me.
    12-16-2020 05:00 PM
    Interesting how new imbedded features drop over time. Apparently installing Beta Phone and a bit later getting Hold For Me wasn't a cause and effect but a coincidence.
    Here is my favorite reviewer's recent YouTube video of other dropped features along with Adaptive Charging. I didn't even know of the new Camera features until I saw the video.

12-17-2020 05:05 AM