I have the 4a and I'm in a learning curve of the phone and A11. How do I set up all the notifications that I wish or don't wish to be alerted on? (sound wise) Thanks
    12-27-2020 01:14 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps & Notifications, then "See all [n] apps" to see your app list. Choose an app, then Notifications, then toggle the notifications on or off.

If you want a notification icon in the status bar but want to turn off the tone, then tap the word for the desired notification in that Notifications menu (not the toggle switch), then tap Silent.

If you want a notification icon in the status bar but want to change the tone, then tap the word (not the toggle switch), then tap Advanced, then Sound, and change the tone there.
    onnad likes this.
    12-27-2020 01:38 PM
    Thanks! I see where it will say xx notifications per day, any way to change that? or in google message it would have a contact name and say default settings?
    12-27-2020 01:57 PM
    The "xx notifications per day" is simply information for you, telling you how often you're getting notifications from that app for that reason -- there isn't a way to set a limit to the number of notifications, if that's what you're asking.
    12-27-2020 02:14 PM
    Thanks, another thing I have noticed. "at your request android is blocking this category of notifications from appearing on this device"...

I appreciate your assistance B.Diddy
    12-27-2020 02:16 PM
    This would show up if you have manually stopped the app from notifying you
    12-27-2020 02:27 PM
    This would show up if you have manually stopped the app from notifying you
    It is possible that I did that. How can I correct it?
    12-27-2020 02:29 PM
    What do you see if you tap that?
    12-27-2020 02:49 PM
    Go to notifications under your system settings. Click on the app you want to change and then change the details
    12-27-2020 03:08 PM
    What do you see if you tap that?
    nothing would happen when I seen the blocking message. but I think it was due to notifications being turned off.. But I don't get email notices, texts messages show up but without a sound or notice. It seems like something simple I am missing
    12-27-2020 04:03 PM
    It might help to see some screenshots of the system settings menus for those apps. There can be quite a few different notification options for a given app -- for example, you can choose for text messages to be silent but other kinds of notifications from the texting app to give you a sound.
    12-27-2020 04:08 PM
    It might help to see some screenshots of the system settings menus for those apps. There can be quite a few different notification options for a given app -- for example, you can choose for text messages to be silent but other kinds of notifications from the texting app to give you a sound.
    Ok. i will get some.. BRB
    12-27-2020 04:11 PM
    Here are from 3 different apps

This is what it says under 1 of my contacts... Where is talks about the block
    12-27-2020 04:28 PM
    I edited one of your screenshots that still had your Gmail address on it.

Is that notification blocking for the Messages app, Facebook Messenger, or Gmail?
    12-27-2020 05:49 PM
    I edited one of your screenshots that still had your Gmail address on it.

Is that notification blocking for the Messages app, Facebook Messenger, or Gmail?
    Google messages
    12-27-2020 06:31 PM
    Ok, and which category did you select to give you that screen?
    12-27-2020 06:49 PM
    Ok, and which category did you select to give you that screen?
    I went to the contact in question and under details and notification
    12-27-2020 07:20 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm still trying to understand where exactly in the menu you're going -- do you mean the listing for that contact's message thread in the Settings>Apps>Notifications menu you posted as a screenshot, or are you going through the Contacts app?
    12-27-2020 07:33 PM
    I go to the message app. Click on the contact then the three dots to details then notifications and that is where i see the blocked message
    12-27-2020 07:42 PM
    I think it's important to note that blocking the category of notifications from appearing isn't the same as the "Block & Report Spam" option.

I'm not quite sure where to find the option to make that category of notifications unblocked -- it'd be so much easier if I could handle the phone! One option here would be to clear the cache and data from the Messages app in Settings>Apps. This will reset all of the app's settings to default (but will not erase any saved messages -- that data is saved in a different system app).
    12-28-2020 12:26 AM
    I think it's important to note that blocking the category of notifications from appearing isn't the same as the "Block & Report Spam" option.

I'm not quite sure where to find the option to make that category of notifications unblocked -- it'd be so much easier if I could handle the phone! One option here would be to clear the cache and data from the Messages app in Settings>Apps. This will reset all of the app's settings to default (but will not erase any saved messages -- that data is saved in a different system app).
    I just clear storage/cache and the block message went away and now the text messages come thru! Thank you so much for the help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-28-2020 05:16 AM