Windows won't connect to my 4a5G

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Previously I had a Pixel 3 and my Windows 10 PC had no trouble connecting to it. Since I got the 4a5G this is what happens:
1) I connect the phone to either a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port (same results, no difference).
2) Windows give the "USB connection" warble and the phone beeps.
3) No connection shown on File Explorer, or anywhere.
4) Windows continues to give the USB connection warble and the phone continues to beep. This goes on for as long as I have the phone plugged in.

If I go to Device Mgr I sometimes see an error that the device can't connect because the MTP driver can't start. I have tried updating the MTP driver (says I have the latest). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MTP driver - no help there either.

Since Windows works fine with my Pixel 3, it's got to be something on the 4a5G right? But what?

randyoaks187

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I've had issues in the past where the drive letter the computer wants to use was taken by a disconnected drive. Probably not your issue but worth checking.

Xrzysiek

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Previously I had a Pixel 3 and my Windows 10 PC had no trouble connecting to it. Since I got the 4a5G this is what happens:
1) I connect the phone to either a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port (same results, no difference).
2) Windows give the "USB connection" warble and the phone beeps.
3) No connection shown on File Explorer, or anywhere.
4) Windows continues to give the USB connection warble and the phone continues to beep. This goes on for as long as I have the phone plugged in.

If I go to Device Mgr I sometimes see an error that the device can't connect because the MTP driver can't start. I have tried updating the MTP driver (says I have the latest). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MTP driver - no help there either.

Since Windows works fine with my Pixel 3, it's got to be something on the 4a5G right? But what?

I have the same problem. I used three PC's with Windows 10, 11 and it doesent see any unit when connected my Pixel 4a5G, nothing even in device manager I didint see Android Device or Acer or any of other device. I even didn't see option on my Pixel screen to change charging to transfer. Only see this when I connected Pixel to an iPad. I would like to install GrapheneOS but now it's impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol