Coming from iPhone to the 4a5g

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a Windows computer, tablet and watch that plays nice with Android. I was told Samsung watches don't work well with Pixel phones.
I know it'll never match the Apple Ecosystem but I really want to find things that will get me close. FYI Chrome books and such are not what I like. Too limited in software.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Watch wise the TicWatch Pro series get good reviews. It depends on what you want it for. If you are looking for a watch that you can load other apps onto then you need one with WearOS or Tizen. There are people on here that do use Samsung watches with a pixel. If you want something more basic then there are other watches out there on their own smart systems. But the experience isn’t so good.

The TicWatch Pro is on WearOS.

https://youtu.be/hZP90b1NWuA

Windows PC wise I like HP. I usually only buy HP. The newer AMD Ryzen processors are better than the equivalent Intel core chips right now. So a Ryzen 5 is similar but better than Core i5, Ryzen 7 is like core i7 and Ryzen 9 is like core i9. The chips are cheaper but they are faster and more stable than the intel equivalents.

It really again depends on what you need to use the computer for and how much you want to spend.

Lenovo Thinkpads are also good brand laptops.

I hope this helps a bit. Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 laptops would give you the most power. And if you are gaming I would go for Ryzen 7 and get a good dedicated graphics card. Also you need at least 16GB RAM for windows.

You don’t need antivirus as Windows Defender is built in and is really excellent. Many antivirus companies let viruses into your system when they are due for renewal to convince you to keep subscribing. The only one that doesn’t is Avast and that is free for home users. If you insist on putting on an antivirus only use Avast.

(I build computers and have beta tested Windows operating systems since 2004 so I have a bit of experience in this. )

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
What about Tech Support for the desktops?
Who has the best?
I know Apple is #1 at tech support but there has to be someone.
Samsung is great with their laptops but I don't want a laptop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might help to know what you plan to use the laptop for, and also what's important to you in a watch. Lots of people assume they need the top of the line laptop with all the bells and whistles, and all they end up doing is browsing a lot, playing some games, and using Microsoft Office.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The title of the post says "iPhone to Pixel 4a" and not looking for Windows PC brand recommendations...there's a Windows Central site that you can post this kind of stuff.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The title of the post says "iPhone to Pixel 4a" and not looking for Windows PC brand recommendations...there's a Windows Central site that you can post this kind of stuff.

Actually, the OP did ask that in the first line of the post: "Can anyone recommend a Windows computer, tablet and watch that plays nice with Android?"

It's true that Windows Central is a good resource, but I think there are plenty of members here who can give some good suggestions as well. (Although to be honest, there's no specific PC manufacturer that does anything specific with Android integration that I'm aware of.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781