Pixel Users and Developer Mode

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm just curious as to how many Pixel users have Developer Options activated and what settings you use.
I have it activated and all Animations turned off. That's the settings I use.
Are there any other settings recommended?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten into that on my Pixel 5, but I think I did on my Pixel 2. I fiddled with the battery percentage indicator, from what I remember.

I, too, would like to see other suggestions and recommendations!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The only one I use is override force dark. It dark modes some of the apps I use that would otherwise be blaring white.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
The only one I use is override force dark. It dark modes some of the apps I use that would otherwise be blaring white.

The only issue I have with that option is that some apps look really bad, or the contrast makes it difficult to see where a button is. I haven't tried it in a while so maybe it's gotten better.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have with that option is that some apps look really bad, or the contrast makes it difficult to see where a button is. I haven't tried it in a while so maybe it's gotten better.
And I have also seen that with certain apps but not any apps I currently use. My chase banking app is much better in dark mode and it looks great also weather channel as well as many others. My only issue is it defaults back to normal after a reboot and needs to be reset but no biggie.