Android 12

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm anxiously awaiting the final release of Android 12. I'm debating whether or not to do a factory reset after the update. What's the consensus?

Thanks!

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I've never done that and have had no issue. I wouldn't unless there were issues after the update. But again it can't hurt to do it anyway.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded and installed to my Pixel 4a 5G! All is well for the most part but I have concluded that Google has no interest in fixing the Trusted Devices feature. Never works for me.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
How long was the install time? It's a big file at 1.82 GB
I think it took about a half hour or maybe less. Her Pixel 4a was A11. Mine didn't take as long because the file size was smaller, probably because my Pixel 4a was on A12 Beta 5. Basically it will take as long as it takes. Patience grasshopper.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Lol, thanks. I am patient. Just deciding whether to wait until the end of the day when I need the phone less.

I think it took about a half hour or maybe less. Her Pixel 4a was A11. Mine didn't take as long because the file size was smaller, probably because my Pixel 4a was on A12 Beta 5. Basically it will take as long as it takes. Patience grasshopper.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I see no difference in performance or battery life. It seems to be handling it just fine.
Could be the OS needing to settle in. The new update doesn't show battery life/screen-on time since last charge, but only since 24 hours ago which is idiotic.

I'm hoping the next monthly update improves endurance a bit.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Could be the OS needing to settle in. The new update doesn't show battery life/screen-on time since last charge, but only since 24 hours ago which is idiotic.

I'm hoping the next monthly update improves endurance a bit.

I’ve been on the beta for a while.
I still enjoy how my 4a performs. Might update when 6a comes out but we’ll see.