4a with possible hole punch display and rear fingerprint sensor?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think this is cool.

I'm not sure about it being disloyal to current Pixel 4 users, though. The Pixel 3a line was also different from the Pixel 3 line - maybe not as strikingly different as these alleged leaks, but different still - so I don't think the Pixel 4 being different will anger a lot of users.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 4 XL a 3 XL. But with the new security measures, Google will only improve them. I do love my fingerprint scanner, but all features on pixel 4 XL look good to me!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
actually wui5 the contrary, this forum is for people who want to share their opinions. Who want to share their user reviews. And who have questions and for general help and technical support.

Furthermore, if you think it's ridiculous, you don't have to say anything.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Interesting.

Just more fuel to add to the fire of people who are already mad and feel ripped off with the Pixel 4.

Drop the price and put the fingerprint sensor back - that will really make current 4 or 4XL owners increase feelings of brand loyalty.

https://9to5google.com/2019/12/28/pixel-4a-leak-google-punch-hole-display/

Why? I think having different options is great. What is exactly wrong about this leak? And what exactly has to do with the Pixel 4 specs? And this is just a leak, we need to wait a bit more for all leaks to become real.

By the way, all I've read about the 4a sounds good to me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Why? I think having different options is great. What is exactly wrong about this leak? And what exactly has to do with the Pixel 4 specs? And this is just a leak, we need to wait a bit more for all leaks to become real.

By the way, all I've read about the 4a sounds good to me.
I agree having a difference of opinion is wonderfu! l that makes for a great great conversation!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 4 XL a 3 XL. But with the new security measures, Google will only improve them.
Until they come out with a real iris scanner, the fingerprint sensor is about the most secure there is. You can easily fake 2d facial recognition with a picture, and it's not that much more difficult to fake 3d facial recognition. Faking a fingerprint is a lot more difficult. Faking an iris scanner, unless someone gets a good picture of your iris (and you'd know, because you'd have to be leaning against the device doing it), is currently extremely difficult. (If I had wanted an insecure phone, I would have stayed with my Note 3. It still works fine.)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Until they come out with a real iris scanner, the fingerprint sensor is about the most secure there is. You can easily fake 2d facial recognition with a picture, and it's not that much more difficult to fake 3d facial recognition. Faking a fingerprint is a lot more difficult. Faking an iris scanner, unless someone gets a good picture of your iris (and you'd know, because you'd have to be leaning against the device doing it), is currently extremely difficult. (If I had wanted an insecure phone, I would have stayed with my Note 3. It still works fine.)
Oh hell yeah. Skin biometrics will never outbeat facial recognition. that being said though, it's a fun thing for facial recognition but yeah, I love my fingerprint scanner to death! Yup yup facial recognition can easily be tricked by everyone's phone. That's the main overall security issue.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
actually wui5 the contrary, this forum is for people who want to share their opinions. Who want to share their user reviews. And who have questions and for general help and technical support.

Furthermore, if you think it's ridiculous, you don't have to say anything.
I can say what I want on a forum just like you and everyone else thank you..

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the 4A is looking pretty decent and retains the FPS which is awesome. If my Pixel 2 broke today I'd be lookin' at the 4A for sure. I never thought the regular 4 and 4XL were worth it to me, just my personal opinion.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Remember those first protector renders we saw? They look exactly like these would fit. it looks like that leaker was correct, just for the wrong Pixel 4.

I am not interested in this one, with the lack of water proofing and single camera, but for folks who are using 2's, or any non Pixel phone, this is a great chance to get off the bench.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the 4A is looking pretty decent and retains the FPS which is awesome. If my Pixel 2 broke today I'd be lookin' at the 4A for sure. I never thought the regular 4 and 4XL were worth it to me, just my personal opinion.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The Pixel 4 XL looks great. And yes, I absolutely love my fingerprint scanner looks all the time it's very trusty and very secure.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Interesting.

Just more fuel to add to the fire of people who are already mad and feel ripped off with the Pixel 4.

Drop the price and put the fingerprint sensor back - that will really make current 4 or 4XL owners increase feelings of brand loyalty.

https://9to5google.com/2019/12/28/pixel-4a-leak-google-punch-hole-display/

With the introduction of any new device to the market place I enjoy seeing all the hype and hucksterism on full display by all the usual v loggers and self proclaimed experts. But, I won't drink the koolaid on something that catches my eye until the froth settles to reveal what's actually in the glass.

The 4 will be just fine for a couple of years..