Rumored Pixel 4A Specs.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This depresses me a little - I would have been very interested in this phone had I waited a few more months! Guess I wrote off the Pixel 4 line too soon. Oh, well! My S10 makes me very happy and in the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for the Pixel 5. Thank you for sharing!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I've seen some really good prices on the 4 and the 4XL lately so unless you miss that fingerprint scanner I think it's best to get one of the latest in my opinion but options are good

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some really good prices on the 4 and the 4XL lately so unless you miss that fingerprint scanner I think it's best to get one of the latest in my opinion but options are good

That's good that the 4 and 4 XL have dropped down in price! It will be interesting to see sales stats between all three models when the 4a drops.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
That's good that the 4 and 4 XL have dropped down in price! It will be interesting to see sales stats between all three models when the 4a drops.
Yeah I agree ...I think it will be successful plenty people like the other options on the a series ...

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Pixel 4a XL for weeks, planning on it being my next new phone... ordering on launch date. I know Google said they were trying to move all production to Vietnam, but I wonder if that can happen (or maybe already did start) in time to still meet a May launch? I know there are much, much bigger problems in the world right now than new phones, but I am a little bummed that it might not launch in May as was heavily expected. Stay safe everyone!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Pixel 4a XL for weeks, planning on it being my next new phone... ordering on launch date. I know Google said they were trying to move all production to Vietnam, but I wonder if that can happen (or maybe already did start) in time to still meet a May launch? I know there are much, much bigger problems in the world right now than new phones, but I am a little bummed that it might not launch in May as was heavily expected. Stay safe everyone!

I think in times like these, we like to try and cope and/or distract ourselves by thinking about other things. I can totally understand your thoughts about the Pixel 4a.

Hopefully we will find out more information soon about the Pixel 4a's launch so we can stop guessing!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! And since it has the same processor and camera, it'll make it even more desirable to consumers.

It has the same processor as what? Because the Pixel 4 series runs the SD855 chip and the 3a series runs an SD670, while the 4a runs an SD730.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've kinda felt that Google was better at doing more affordable phones rather than full-tier flagships. The Nexus 4 and 5 come to mind. The Pixel line has been good but always seemed to have that one nagging point that's hard to really let-go.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've kinda felt that Google was better at doing more affordable phones rather than full-tier flagships. The Nexus 4 and 5 come to mind. The Pixel line has been good but always seemed to have that one nagging point that's hard to really let-go.

I think it's in the DNA of their leadership. Everyone touts the HTC engineers but the Pixel the seems to be led by the same folks that developed the original Moto X and Moto G.

Historically the Moto X always skimped out on the specs compared to their competition and the Moto G was the first good low/mid-range phone. I see the Pixel and the lower Pixel a devices as the spiritual successors to those original Moto X and Moto G phones (with the added bonus of Google's machine learning for photos).

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it's in the DNA of their leadership. Everyone touts the HTC engineers but the Pixel the seems to be led by the same folks that developed the original Moto X and Moto G.

Historically the Moto X always skimped out on the specs compared to their competition and the Moto G was the first good low/mid-range phone. I see the Pixel and the lower Pixel a devices as the spiritual successors to those original Moto X and Moto G phones (with the added bonus of Google's machine learning for photos).

The Nexus 5 was a great budget phone...