Are you going to Order the Pixel 5?

Are you going to order the Pixel 5?

• Total voters

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
After the announcement of the Pixel 5 specs. Are you going to order it soon when it's released?

I am going to pre-order it the moment it's available as I love my Pixel 4 that much! It's one of the best Android phones I've owned. Yes the battery is not great, but the overall user experience is excellent. I love how when entering someone's address in the Phone Book it automatically suggests the location to link it to Google Maps and love how when searching for a vanye (ie. restaurant, hotel), even if they are not in my Phone Book, it still shows me the number as it pulls it from Google Search as if the contact was actually on my phone. The camera thanks to its software optimization is one of the best too. I like it more than my previous Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus' camera

Google Pixel 5 may have much larger battery than Pixel 4, plus more RAM/storage

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After the announcement of the Pixel 5 specs. Are you going to order it soon when it's released?

I am going to pre-order it the moment it's available as I love my Pixel 4 that much! It's one of the best Android phones I've owned. Yes the battery is not great, but the overall user experience is excellent. I love how when entering someone's address in the Phone Book it automatically suggests the location to link it to Google Maps and love how when searching for a vanye (ie. restaurant, hotel), even if they are not in my Phone Book, it still shows me the number as it pulls it from Google Search as if the contact was actually on my phone. The camera thanks to its software optimization is one of the best too. I like it more than my previous Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus' camera
Honestly, absolutely! I have a Pixel 3 xl which I absolutely love! I was planning on getting the new 5 when it comes out. I don't need the highest end chipset as long as the price reflects that obviously! Of course, the s/w optimization are perfect, which is exactly what Google is amazing at, and yes, our cameras are the best in the industry!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing rumors that they're supposed to be a 6.7-in screen version. I still love a big phone just not a Galaxy note size phone...

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I'm not aware of any new, great feature on the P5 that would make me upgrade from the P4xl. I'll be using my 4xl for another year and then see if there's a P6.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I hear it. I mean for me, with my Pixel 3 XL, I'm going to wait until it actually comes out to see what it's going to be like. My next phone I would like for it to be a foldable 5G phone. Even though millimeter wave 5G network infrastructure isn't ready for the masses yet by any stretch of the imagination! Lol however, I'm not so sure the Microsoft duo answers the folding phone equation for me. Here's what I mean, for the Galaxy z fold, it's a candy bar style phone on the outside and then you unfold it to be a tablet size device on inside which is beautiful. The Microsoft duo is big for multitasking/ productivity. It doesn't have a continuous large screen on the inside. So for my needs, I'm not so sure if that would answer it if you catch my drift.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep yep that's what I'm reading the rumor mill on as well. I mean I would love to buy a Pixel 5 in the future, or I still have my 3XL. The problem is for my future phone I might want a folding 5G phone. so I have to see what the Pixel 5 is going to be all about just like everyone else here. Definitely want to stay within the Google Pixel family of course.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been hearing rumors that they're supposed to be a 6.7-in screen version. I still love a big phone just not a Galaxy note size phone...
S20+ is the around the sweet spot for me or rather the 4xl with a larger screen to body ratio.

Had an S20 ultra briefly, it's just a beast!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
S20+ is the around the sweet spot for me or rather the 4xl with a larger screen to body ratio.

Had an S20 ultra briefly, it's just a beast!
I hear you. I mean to each their own. For me, I swore to myself I would never buy another Galaxy device ever again. Even though the Galaxy z phone looks awesome, it's still one UI on top of Android.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe so slightly, but it'll also consume much less power from the battery, still support 5G, and as far as overall phone performance, I'm sure that Google will be able to optimize the pixels OS Android 11 for the 765 G Snapdragon processor.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I'll wait and see the specs on the P5 before deciding. The P4 I have now is doing just fine.

Will also look at P4A. <<< no wireless charging - not for me

Last edited:

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Google Pixel 5 may have much larger battery than Pixel 4, plus more RAM/storage

I just got my Pixel 4 XL in March. I really like the bigger sizes so I probably will not have a Pixel 5 because it's looking like it's going to be a smaller phone. But who knows!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't know, I'll be looking at it but with the processor essentially being a downgrade and the screen being smaller than the 4xl, the rest of the package needs to be a pretty significant upgrade.

If the 5 has a new camera sensor, much better battery life, and manages to still feel pretty snappy with the mid tier processor while keeping the price range around the rumored 600 bucks I would probably pick one up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513