Pixel 5 & $699 price

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone moving to the p5? Last month I sold my pixel 4xl for $500 and have been using the pixel 3a for the time being "spare phone". I pre-ordered the green p5 and excited for the specs.

The only non upgrade seems like the 765g chip in terms of speed, but the 128gb of storage, 8gb of ram, bigger 4k+ battery, reverse wireless, wireless charging, nice small bezels, finger print scanner, water proof etc got me excited and convinced me to pull the trigger.

How does everyone feel about the phone + $699 price. Fyi after taxes cost $745.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting it, just debating if I want to wait for some discounts to kick in. I'm still using my 3xl but it's showing some age.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I planned to get it - BUT - not willing to wait 4 or 5 weeks for it to arrive. Might as well wait for Black Friday, or Cyber Monday, or some other sale day.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely getting it, just debating if I want to wait for some discounts to kick in. I'm still using my 3xl but it's showing some age.
Yeah this year I didn't see any discounts for users preordering. So black friday deals will be sweet.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Pass. The phone belongs in 2018/early 2019. What company sits down and thinks its a good idea to literally take and neuter last year's version. Worse processor, same 2 year old camera, worse PPI, no ip68 rating. Complete and utter garbage. Screw Google for this disaster. Give me a real damn flagship with stock Android. snapdragon 865+, 6.9" display, 120Hz, etc.

IDC what their moronic surveys suggests. Look at how the S20 and Note20 lines are selling. There's obviously demand for that. Maybe reach out to Apple and learn how to ******* market correctly.

Releasing these garbage phones just neuters the entire Android brand. What casuals will see with Android is that the creator of the platform is making cheap garbage phones thus the OS must be cheap garbage.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel 5 & $699 price

Nope. Pass. The phone belongs in 2018/early 2019. What company sits down and thinks its a good idea to literally take and neuter last year's version. Worse processor, same 2 year old camera, worse PPI, no ip68 rating. Complete and utter garbage. Screw Google for this disaster. Give me a real damn flagship with stock Android. snapdragon 865+, 6.9" display, 120Hz, etc.

IDC what their moronic surveys suggests. Look at how the S20 and Note20 lines are selling. There's obviously demand for that. Maybe reach out to Apple and learn how to ******* market correctly.

Releasing these garbage phones just neuters the entire Android brand. What casuals will see with Android is that the creator of the platform is making cheap garbage phones thus the OS must be cheap garbage.
Lol sheshhh your so angry. I'm happy with the trade off of the processor while the rest of the specs being awesome while keeping the price relatively low compared to other devices whole retaining the google experience.

At least we have tons of choice this year so no matter what device people decide to get there is a device for every market. Looks like Google is not on the super high end expensive flagship market anymore.

I do agree though they are always 1-2 years be behind the competition.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There is no way I won't get a new Pixel

They could have priced it at $599 for a much broader appeal. I'm pretty sure there will be at least $100 discount come black friday or few weeks/months later there will be lots of deals.

Personally I don't care about price, I care more about getting it ASAP

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There is no way I won't get a new Pixel

They could have priced it at $599 for a much broader appeal. I'm pretty sure there will be at least $100 discount come black friday or few weeks/months later there will be lots of deals.

YOLO

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Lol sheshhh your so angry. I'm happy with the trade off of the processor while the rest of the specs being awesome while keeping the price relatively low compared to other devices whole retaining the google experience.

At least we have tons of choice this year so no matter what device people decide to get there is a device for every market. Looks like Google is not on the super high end expensive flagship market anymore.

I do agree though they are always 1-2 years be behind the competition.

Because I was looking forward to a 5 XL or something more....idk....normal? Hell look at the S20 FE. The SAME price with an 865 Snapdragon, 120 Hz, and 6.5" screen. This pixel doesn't deserve being produced.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
There is no way I won't get a new Pixel or any current phone out

Fixed that for you..

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone needs a flagship phone or wants to pay a flagship price. Personally I use my phone for calls, texting, camera and some social media. My pixel 4XL is perfect for that and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. I do plan on getting the 5 but I'm gonna wait and see if it goes on sale for the holiday season, if it does, count me in!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Because I was looking forward to a 5 XL or something more....idk....normal? Hell look at the S20 FE. The SAME price with an 865 Snapdragon, 120 Hz, and 6.5" screen. This pixel doesn't deserve being produced.
Understandable.. I also wish it had the 865+ but for me it's still worth it especially since I sold the p4xl and in a p3a now and really don't want to move to another manufacture bc I like receiving google's AI updates to their phones such as all the call screening stuff, image processing, vanilla android etc. But at the same time a tiny bit disappointed with the chip but not as disappointing as the previous years and thank God for the ultra wide.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone needs a flagship phone or wants to pay a flagship price. Personally I use my phone for calls, texting, camera and some social media. My pixel 4XL is perfect for that and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. I do plan on getting the 5 but I'm gonna wait and see if it goes on sale for the holiday season, if it does, count me in!

Ok? Not everyone does, but some people like I do. So why can't we have the option to exactly? Samsung only has about 15 phones available and we're stuck with either a budget phone or a low tier phone.

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok? Not everyone does, but some people like I do. So why can't we have the option to exactly? Samsung only has about 15 phones available and we're stuck with either a budget phone or a low tier phone.

Lol "We" are not "stuck" with anything. I'm happy with the specs and the price and so we a lot of other people. If you want a flagship phone, go pay the flagship price. No one says your stuck to just a Google phone. Simply find what fits your needs and your budget cause it's sounding like the Pixel 5 doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781