Extremely disappointed for no pixel 5 xl

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I understand that and have no real issue with the direction Google is going because I stopped buying Pixels after the 3XL. That's because they just didn't offer what I was looking for with the 4XL and they are now moving further away on many fronts.
What are you running now?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, the new 4a 5G has a 6.2" screen.
Yeah I was reading the specs on the 4A 5G and the Pixel 5 and that's an odd feature. I mean I know it is what it is again and again and again, but that is weird the 4A 5G has a 6.2 inch screen, the Pixel 5 has a 6-in screen. However the refresh rate on the 4A 5G is 60 hz versus 90 hz on the Pixel 5 of course.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was reading the specs on the 4A 5G and the Pixel 5 and that's an odd feature. I mean I know it is what it is again and again and again, but that is weird the 4A 5G has a 6.2 inch screen, the Pixel 5 has a 6-in screen. However the refresh rate on the 4A 5G is 60 hz versus 90 hz on the Pixel 5 of course.
It won't be noticable

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Increased cost most likely.
Yep yep I couldn't agree more. Keeping operational costs down. Mostly, because Google probably knows that they're not going to sell a crap ton of pixel phones either way. They're not huge sellers overall, so got to keep the bottom line down.

B_Chadwick Ware

Nov 11, 2019
Visit site
It is disappointing to me, as well. The option for the XL, with larger screen and flagship hardware, is what I look for in a premium phone. My 4XL has that. Maybe, the 4XL didn't sell well for Google. I need to hang onto my 4XL until next summer. By then, the verdict will be out on the 5 series. Whether I get a new Pixel then, or move to something entirely different...time will tell.

Exactly my thoughts. I have been a long time Nexus/Pixel guy... but time will tell.

Aprilsas

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
this is just sad. that's all. this hasn't made me think of another phone yet because if Google's software but this phone is just sad switching to from the 4 xl.... I was hoping for way more spec wise ...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait until black Friday sale , if everything looks good in Review test then go for it .
Yeah, dude, I hear you completely! I think I'll wait until at least my Pixel 3 XL is paid off and then figure out what I'm going to do from there, just like you you know what I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance