pixel 4 xl to pixel 5

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Tempting for such a low price but seems like the only real "upgrade" is 5G capability. From what I read the camera hardware is identical to the 4/4xl and so any camera software updates would be ported to my 4xl as well.

Anyone going from a 4 or 4xl to the 5?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep yep I was really about that as well on mine to fight Google this morning. Well, Google just saying that the Pixel 5 will take very similar photos versus the 4 XL.I mean honestly how I have no doubt that it won't take beautiful pictures... But only time will tell!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep yep I was really about that as well on mine to fight Google this morning. Well, Google just saying that the Pixel 5 will take very similar photos versus the 4 XL.I mean honestly how I have no doubt that it won't take beautiful pictures... But only time will tell!
I'm sure it will, what I hear is a significant bump in the video department, should trickle to older devices

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will, what I hear is a significant bump in the video department, should trickle to older devices
you think that'll also trickle down to older pixel devices? I mean that night shot with portrait effect is going to be awesome! Would I honestly do is when I take a night shot mode of myself or someone else, I edit it after the fact with portrait effects with the bokeh effect anyways but having a built into the camera would be nice!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
you think that'll also trickle down to older pixel devices? I mean that night shot with portrait effect is going to be awesome! Would I honestly do is when I take a night shot mode of myself or someone else, I edit it after the fact with portrait effects with the bokeh effect anyways but having a built into the camera would be nice!
The article i read mention it would , that we see

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The article i read mention it would , that we see
Well, I got to love Pixel feature drops! Just like the pixel buds! Got to love software enhancements and tweaking! Anything to Make our phones feel new again, and refresh our phones a little bit with added functionality!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Definitely
Well, I got to love Pixel feature drops! Just like the pixel buds! Got to love software enhancements and tweaking! Anything to Make our phones feel new again, and refresh our phones a little bit with added functionality!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well since their video is terrible, even a slight improvement would be welcome. Hope they fix the audio portion of the video too but that might be a hardware limitation.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they will , but they need get a plan and stick to it for little bit , looks like they little confused which way they want go.
if they continue to plan on not being the high in the flagship experience and the high-end mid-range space for phones that's a great plan a strategy for them.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sticking with my 4xl , see what Google does on the pix 6
I think the 3XL and 4XL was their last attempt at competing at the high end. Google dabbled in the phone market with the start of the Nexus as a hobby with no real direction and different OEMs. That evolved to the Pixel and eventually designing their own product by Gen 3. They tried but it didn't work out so well and they have bigger fish to fry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance