I preordered a 5 today from Verizon and was given a $350 credit by trading in my 2XL. It comes in the form of a monthly credit as long as I send in my old phone.
    So basically, I'm getting the 5 for $349. Well worth it!!
    10-09-2020 10:48 PM
    I preordered a 5 today from Verizon and was given a $350 credit by trading in my 2XL. It comes in the form of a monthly credit as long as I send in my old phone.
    So basically, I'm getting the 5 for $349. Well worth it!!
    That's a really good deal and the P5 is definitely an upgrade on a 2xl
    10-09-2020 10:59 PM
    Definitely good deal.. Told my buddy with s7 to do same... This is a great way to get value on older phones...
    10-09-2020 11:00 PM
    I was going to take advantage of this offer but it requires being on an unlimited plan. If I switched to unlimited it would require me paying about $25 more per month than what I pay now. I wish this wasn't restricted to unlimited plans only.
    10-10-2020 06:32 AM
    I was going to take advantage of this offer but it requires being on an unlimited plan. If I switched to unlimited it would require me paying about $25 more per month than what I pay now. I wish this wasn't restricted to unlimited plans only.
    Oh yes certain plans... What plan are you on now? One line or multiple?
    10-10-2020 07:36 AM
    I looked at it and while I didn’t complete the process I did not see the requirement to need an unlimited plan. I am on a 5GB single line plan. Bummer as I was thinking about this offer. Can’t beat that 1/2 off deal even tho it’s Bill credits.
    Edit: yeah checked UL plan options and it’d be a wash with the bill credits for me when comparing the cost with my current plan. So not worth it. I’ll see what black Friday offers are available. Saw a speaker test against the P4 compared to the P5. p4 wins easily. Disappointing to me as I use the speakers a lot. So looking more and more like a pass on the P5 for me.
    10-10-2020 02:22 PM
    You have to add a line to get this deal. I tried to do it today with my 3XL and they were only going to give me $109 trade in value.

Just wanted to note this as it's important info
    10-10-2020 08:53 PM
    Whoah! What a fantastic deal!
    10-10-2020 09:17 PM
    I didn't have to add a line. I was already on the Unlimited Plan so didn't have to upgrade anything. So for me, it didn't change my bill other than $14 to pay for the phone. With their unlimited plan you also get Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for free which is worth at least $20 a month as well. No, I don't work for Verizon...
    10-10-2020 10:47 PM
    Been using my 3XL since around the original launch a couple of years ago. It's been great, but the battery is starting to show it's age. I was going to pass on the 5 in hopes of a 5XL at some point, but the Verizon deal is too good. I had my old Pixel XL in the closet, and Verizon is giving $350 trade-in for that as well. For $14.58/mo for 24 months, I will go with the Pixel 5, and still have my 3XL as a backup. I am on an Unlimited Plan and did not have to add a line.
    bkdodger2 and garyll like this.
    10-14-2020 04:05 PM
    Been using my 3XL since around the original launch a couple of years ago. It's been great, but the battery is starting to show it's age. I was going to pass on the 5 in hopes of a 5XL at some point, but the Verizon deal is too good. I had my old Pixel XL in the closet, and Verizon is giving $350 trade-in for that as well. For $14.58/mo for 24 months, I will go with the Pixel 5, and still have my 3XL as a backup. I am on an Unlimited Plan and did not have to add a line.
    Win... Win...
    10-14-2020 04:40 PM
    Regarding the Verizon Trade-In. I currently have the 2XL and I am on one of the eligible Unlimited Plans so no issue there. We recently traded in my wife's phone for a $350 credit from Verizon. We did not receive the materials to return the device until 10 days after the order. I started receiving emails from Verizon reminding me to return my device by a date that was 15 days after the purchase date otherwise they would reassess the device at the current market value!!! They received the device last Thursday and I checked the status on the Verizon site... still not indicating they have received and assessed the device.

The original trade-in offer on my wife's phone also indicated we had 30 days to return. I am a little hesitant to jump on the Pixel 2XL trade-in for $350 for the Pixel 5 until we see how our first trade-in works out.

Verizon also indicates the return clock starts from the date of purchase. Considering this is a pre-order does anyone know if the return clock starts on date of purchase or does it apply to when the Pixel 5 is shipped?
    10-17-2020 08:41 AM
    "Verizon also indicates the return clock starts from the date of purchase. Considering this is a pre-order does anyone know if the return clock starts on date of purchase or does it apply to when the Pixel 5 is shipped?"

It would have to be from when you receive the Pixel. They wouldn't expect you to return the old phone before you got the new one, right?
    10-17-2020 04:39 PM
    Shortly after I posted yesterday I received the email from Verizon confirming the receipt of my wife's phone and the $350 credit. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Pixel 5. $350 trade in for the Pixel 2 XL for an upgrade is too good a deal to pass up. The email I received confirming my purchase had this note "Don't forget to send your old device(s) back to us within 15 days of receiving your trade-in kit to complete your trade-in." I will update here when I receive my trade-in kit.
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-18-2020 08:42 AM
    "Verizon also indicates the return clock starts from the date of purchase.
    That doesn't sound right to me. It should start once the phone is delivered.
    10-18-2020 12:13 PM