Pixel 5 vs Xperia 1 ii

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an Xperia 1ii which I do really like, I've always enjoyed Sony phones and I really like the look and feel of it. The long display is great for me, the storage (plus option of an SD card) is good and the battery is OK.

I am by no means an expert photographer but the camera on a phone is one of the main draws for me on a phone. Whilst I have been able to capture some nice shots on my Xperia, I have found the point and shoot camera to be very hit and miss and definitely lacking either under artificial light or at night. It certainly feels like a stepdown from the camera on my old P20 Pro.

Given this, I am considering trading in my Xperia and switching to the Pixel 5, predominantly for the camera and also taking advantage of the Bose preorder offer. From what I can see, the main downgrades would be a stepdown in processor, smaller screen and reduction in storage size (with no SD option). The latter could be a slight barrier as I am currently using 122GB of storage on my Xperia (I like to keep a fair chunk of music offline) so this would basically max out the Pixel.

Would the downgrade from Snapdragon 865 to 765 be very noticeable if I mainly use my phone for browsing the internet, listening to music and social media? I don't really use it to game or watch long videos.

It would be helpful to hear the views of any Xperia and/or Pixel owners or just any community experts who know a lot more than me!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an Xperia 1ii which I do really like, I've always enjoyed Sony phones and I really like the look and feel of it. The long display is great for me, the storage (plus option of an SD card) is good and the battery is OK.

I am by no means an expert photographer but the camera on a phone is one of the main draws for me on a phone. Whilst I have been able to capture some nice shots on my Xperia, I have found the point and shoot camera to be very hit and miss and definitely lacking either under artificial light or at night. It certainly feels like a stepdown from the camera on my old P20 Pro.

Given this, I am considering trading in my Xperia and switching to the Pixel 5, predominantly for the camera and also taking advantage of the Bose preorder offer. From what I can see, the main downgrades would be a stepdown in processor, smaller screen and reduction in storage size (with no SD option). The latter could be a slight barrier as I am currently using 122GB of storage on my Xperia (I like to keep a fair chunk of music offline) so this would basically max out the Pixel.

Would the downgrade from Snapdragon 865 to 765 be very noticeable if I mainly use my phone for browsing the internet, listening to music and social media? I don't really use it to game or watch long videos.

It would be helpful to hear the views of any Xperia and/or Pixel owners or just any community experts who know a lot more than me!
Hey there! That's a great question: I am by no means a professional expert photographer either! I will say that whenever I take pictures with HDR enhance mode turned on on my Pixel 3 XL, every iPhone user says that they can't believe my phone takes better shots! I try to get creative with a different perspective shots and whatnot, but I don't know why balancer saturation at all! I never use a Sony Xperia phone, I can't say how the cameras but I know how good the Pixel camera is. Everyone on this form will tell you the same thing. Pictures look realistic not overly saturated not underly saturated. Google's image processing / algorithms work beautifully. My Pixel 3 XL is a beast for taking pictures and doesn't do too shabby for taking videos either! The software upgrade are nice. Yes other Android phones have SD cards for expandable memory, however, with Google photos and cloud backup you don't necessarily need that... The pixel 5 has 128 keys of onboard memory. My Pixel 3 XL has 64 gigs of onboard memory I have one puzzle game on my phone, and I've never even come close to filling up my phones onboard memory honestly. I hope that helps you out a little bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc