Two issues I'm having with my Pixel 5

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Read today that some Pixel 5 owners are having an issue with the display coming loose from the frame, possibly ruining the waterproof/dustproof seal. They said it was an issue with previous Pixels as well. Hopefully it's an isolated thing, otherwise I might consider cancelling my pre-order.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Read today that some Pixel 5 owners are having an issue with the display coming loose from the frame, possibly ruining the waterproof/dustproof seal. They said it was an issue with previous Pixels as well. Hopefully it's an isolated thing, otherwise I might consider cancelling my pre-order.

I read that as well. Pretty concerning.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure whether to keep hold of it and hope for the best or return it and get something else.
yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. And I'm not even by the pixel 5 just yet. Hopefully there's nothing worrisome or a serious issue here though!

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Not sure whether to keep hold of it and hope for the best or return it and get something else.

Not a fun choice to make.

As of now I don't have a P5 pre-ordered. I think I'll wait until 10/29, release day, and see how I feel then. I'm only 15 minutes from the local Best Buy so I can still get one on release day. Should I still not be comfortable getting one, I'll wait for Black Friday and see how the pricing goes.

This is the 1st Pixel I have not gotten on "Day 1", at least not through pre-order. I am not at all excited about the P5, this is not good. I'm old, I need something exciting to give me the will to live - :D

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

As of now I don't have a P5 pre-ordered. I think I'll wait until 10/29, release day, and see how I feel then. I'm only 15 minutes from the local Best Buy so I can still get one on release day. Should I still not be comfortable getting one, I'll wait for Black Friday and see how the pricing goes.

This is the 1st Pixel I have not gotten on "Day 1", at least not through pre-order. I am not at all excited about the P5, this is not good. I'm old, I need something exciting to give me the will to live - :D

I wish I was as patient as you sir. Although I am excited for it. I'm old as well if you consider 51 old. I've had them all starting with the 6P.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish I was as patient as you sir. Although I am excited for it. I'm old as well if you consider 51 old. I've had them all starting with the 6P.

With new phones, I'm getting to the point that I'm asking myself "what am i going to do on this phone that I can't do on my current phone." Considering i have the 4xl, there really isn't anything other than the battery life.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

This is the first pixel I'm not excited about.... and that's a shame because I was going to upgrade this year :eek: I think it's going to be a solid phone for the money, and a great seller for Google..... and I think this was the direction they needed to go to keep the pixel line relevant. But honestly it's boring me stiff. I guess I should've got a pixel 4xl :( There goes my will to live lol.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
This is the first pixel I'm not excited about.... and that's a shame because I was going to upgrade this year :eek: I think it's going to be a solid phone for the money, and a great seller for Google..... and I think this was the direction they needed to go to keep the pixel line relevant. But honestly it's boring me stiff. I guess I should've got a pixel 4xl :( There goes my will to live lol.

I'd agree with this, I both really like my P5 and am a little bored by it. Despite all the issues and inferior camera my S20+ sitting in my draw currently does look more exciting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital