Two issues I'm having with my Pixel 5

laurencewo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Google pay won't work, cards are added fine, NFC on but always gives me a ! And rejected when trying to pay for something. Is anyone else having this issue?

And this message appears a few times a day (see image) when I'm not trying to use the camera, just a bug?

Attachments

• 15829.jpg
    15829.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 28

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this issue. The picture you uploaded isn't loading. Maybe try to hard reset your phone even though it's a brand new phone...

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Google pay won't work, cards are added fine, NFC on but always gives me a ! And rejected when trying to pay for something. Is anyone else having this issue?

And this message appears a few times a day (see image) when I'm not trying to use the camera, just a bug?
You got a 5 already?

Timdog72

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I'm having is the phone seems to take about 5 to 10 seconds to get up to the correct brightness. Never had a pixel before, is this normal?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I'm having is the phone seems to take about 5 to 10 seconds to get up to the correct brightness. Never had a pixel before, is this normal?
Sounds like auto brightness is enabled. I’ve never had good results using that on any phone and just turn it off and manually adjust brightness.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like auto brightness is enabled. I’ve never had good results using that on any phone and just turn it off and manually adjust brightness.
I've had excellent experience with automatic brightness. I hate having to always readjust the screen brightness depending on the lighting situation.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had excellent experience with automatic brightness. I hate having to always readjust the screen brightness depending on the lighting situation.
I know, haha, most people like it. It’s easily adjusted manually which I prefer usually just leaving it set kind of high.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know, haha, most people like it. It’s easily adjusted manually which I prefer usually just leaving it set kind of high.
I mean I know it's easy to manually adjust the screen brightness, but I personally don't know the correct screen brightness to do for easy viewing. If that makes sense to you! Hahaha I remember Nexus phones never had automatic screen brightness and that's the one thing I hated about them. Pixels for the past few OS versions have had automatic brightness...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I mean I know it's easy to manually adjust the screen brightness, but I personally don't know the correct screen brightness to do for easy viewing. If that makes sense to you! Hahaha I remember Nexus phones never had automatic screen brightness and that's the one thing I hated about them. Pixels for the past few OS versions have had automatic brightness...

We all see light differently and what they think is good brightness in any given situation I generally prefer it brighter. So just works out best to set it and leave it. I’ve tried the auto setting and it’s always to dim. I’d find myself always tweaking it up and then the phone would tweak it back down. Got tired of that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We all see light differently and what they think is good brightness in any given situation I generally prefer it brighter. So just works out best to set it and leave it. I’ve tried the auto setting and it’s always to dim. I’d find myself always tweaking it up and then the phone would tweak it back down. Got tired of that.
Yeah, I hear you. I mean teach their own. I know people love manually tweaking their screen brightness... Good for you!

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Has GPay ever worked before on another phone for you? On my 3A it can be hit or miss depending on what part of the terminal I put the phone near.

laurencewo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I would check to see if you denied any of the permissions for Google Pay or Camera.

Thanks, enabled all permissions for both (not that I'd ever denied any of them). I haven't had the Camera issue pop up but no joy with Google Pay, so I've done a factory reset and will go try to buy something at lunch.. if it still doesn't work then over to Google support

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I've never had the best results with it either, but due to laziness and the fact that it does eventually settle on a good brightness for most situations I leave it on :p ;)

laurencewo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset worked, Google Pay all good, crisis averted.

And I have no issues with the auto brightness, I haven't had to adjust it once yet.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh thanks heaven's sake crisis traces averted ...yeah it really does suck when you have to factory reset your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan