To trade or not to trade...that is the question

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
That's not too bad. You can try Swappa. But keep in mind you still have a fee. Phones in good condition are selling for 190.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's not too bad. You can try Swappa. But keep in mind you still have a fee. Phones in good condition are selling for 190.
I used swappa with good luck when they first started and would have used them again. But since the prices are about the same it wasn't worth the effort and time to me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I used swappa with good luck when they first started and would have used them again. But since the prices are about the same it wasn't worth the effort and time to me.
So, here's an update for everyone, thank you for telling me about the $350 Verizon phone / plan promotion! I just took advantage of it. I wasn't even planning on doing so, but I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with a Verizon customer service rep and they helped me upgrade. paid off the remaining balance on my Pixel 3 XL, and order the sage green Pixel 5! Says it'll hopefully ship first week in December. If I had ordered the just black Pixel 5, it would ship The first weekend in November, but of course most people are getting to sage green. That's why they're getting backordered...

ytwokc5

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
interesting, I'm on an unlimited plan with my Pixel 3XL, but when I click the trade in button on Verizon's website, it only said my trade in value was 115 or 120 or so.

Did you select the pixel 5 first and next to Promotion click on see details? If you click trade-in without selecting the Pixel 5 you will not see the promotion trade-in value.

pixe5_promo.JPG

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you select the pixel 5 first and next to Promotion click on see details? If you click trade-in without selecting the Pixel 5 you will not see the promotion trade-in value.

View attachment 328364
Nah, all I did was call up Verizon Wireless customer service this afternoon and they told me about the promotion and the new plan. I ordered the sage mean, it's on pre-order until December.. pretty freaking sweet deal though if I do say so myself 350 dollars towards a new phone. Makes my plan / phone bill monthly now cheaper than what I'm paying thank God!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Nah, all I did was call up Verizon Wireless customer service this afternoon and they told me about the promotion and the new plan. I ordered the sage mean, it's on pre-order until December.. pretty freaking sweet deal though if I do say so myself 350 dollars towards a new phone. Makes my plan / phone bill monthly now cheaper than what I'm paying thank God!
I'm happy for you... And I can wait to see your new sage mean ... You go with ya bad self.. Hehe

Congrats! Agree sweet deal..

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy for you... And I can wait to see your new sage mean ... You go with ya bad self.. Hehe

Congrats! Agree sweet deal..
Haha nice dude! I'll post pictures when I get it hopefully in a month or so. As far as cases and protection, nothing's out for it yet. Rhino shield bumper cases, etc. I'm not even sure if I'll do a zebra and skin again because of the green color but we shall see what happens I appreciate your support! I'll post pictures Of course as soon as I get it! I mean don't get me wrong, I love my Pixel 3 XL, but too good of a deal to pass up, and I was going to upgrade soon enough anyways...

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Haha nice dude! I'll post pictures when I get it hopefully in a month or so. As far as cases and protection, nothing's out for it yet. Rhino shield bumper cases, etc. I'm not even sure if I'll do a zebra and skin again because of the green color but we shall see what happens I appreciate your support! I'll post pictures Of course as soon as I get it! I mean don't get me wrong, I love my Pixel 3 XL, but too good of a deal to pass up, and I was going to upgrade soon enough anyways...

Yeah man ..love seeing peeps get new phones I’m always excited like it’s me ...probably go naked with it since it looks to be nice and grippy ..at least not hide color for the beginning till later on you can slap a clear case or skin...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah man ..love seeing peeps get new phones I’m always excited like it’s me ...probably go naked with it since it looks to be nice and grippy ..at least not hide color for the beginning till later on you can slap a clear case or skin...
yeah thanks dude I appreciate that! I mean I'm not sure what I'll do. Just in case I drop the phone etc etc That's why I got my bumper case for my Pixel 3 XL initially of course. I mean I heard that it's a metal back with plastic covering, not glass so it can shatter, I'll see how I feel about things... I mean I know my Pixel 3 XL in comparison is glass front, and glass backing so it'll be a little different. I'll just have to see what happens in a month or so. Thanks for the awesome geeky support though at the end of the day! Really appreciate it! Yeah, just like you, after all these years in my mid-30s I still love getting a new phone lol since we're all do damn digitally passionate about it!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
yeah thanks dude I appreciate that! I mean I'm not sure what I'll do. Just in case I drop the phone etc etc That's why I got my bumper case for my Pixel 3 XL initially of course. I mean I heard that it's a metal back with plastic covering, not glass so it can shatter, I'll see how I feel about things... I mean I know my Pixel 3 XL in comparison is glass front, and glass backing so it'll be a little different. I'll just have to see what happens in a month or so. Thanks for the awesome geeky support though at the end of the day! Really appreciate it! Yeah, just like you, after all these years in my mid-30s I still love getting a new phone lol since we're all do damn digitally passionate about it!

Haha you will be like me ..I got 20 yrs on you ...it never gets old here ...hey it could be worst right ?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha you will be like me ..I got 20 yrs on you ...it never gets old here ...hey it could be worst right ?
Haha absolutely dude, without a doubt! Yeah I love passionately following smartphone news etc specially Google news. It's Google versus Samsung versus Apple for the win. Unfortunately, since Google and Samsung are technically both Android at the end of the day

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Haha absolutely dude, without a doubt! Yeah I love passionately following smartphone news etc specially Google news. It's Google versus Samsung versus Apple for the win. Unfortunately, since Google and Samsung are technically both Android at the end of the day
Haha I love the rivalries... I like to see them discussions and different point of views... Geeky indeed..

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha I love the rivalries... I like to see them discussions and different point of views... Geeky indeed..
Oh, but of course, but of course! I mean for me, I've gone past the whole Apple versus Google thing for years. that was just hilarious to see what happens. Samsung overcompensates with hardware, and Google knows their software hackery! And Apple does a little bit of both.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Oh, but of course, but of course! I mean for me, I've gone past the whole Apple versus Google thing for years. that was just hilarious to see what happens. Samsung overcompensates with hardware, and Google knows their software hackery! And Apple does a little bit of both.
Yup.. Yup... there is no perfect phone.. If there was we would stop buying... Or maybe NOT for many here

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup.. Yup... there is no perfect phone.. If there was we would stop buying... Or maybe NOT for many here
Yes completely agreed!!! There's no one perfect phone out there. If you like glossy flashy colors and styling, go for Galaxy phone of any flavor, if you want super customization with "near stock Android" go from OnePlus, Motorola makes some decent phones, but they're not very competitive. and if you want pure stock Google well you know where I'm going with that one! For me just like all of us here come it's all about the software experience, algorithms, image processing, etc etc!

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I never trade as I want to make sure I have a backup phone. My "2 phones ago" either gets recycled or relegated along with my vintage collection of BlackBerrys.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My only concern is if I have any issues with the P5 and have to send it back or wait for a new one and I dont have anything to use in the meantime. Or, if I dont like it at all and send it back for a refund but have already shipped mine in as a trade, I wont get it back. This is the first time Im ever debating having a backup phone that wont cost me much.

You should always have a good working backup phone.... they're too important a part of modern everyday life not to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781