I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and...

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and...well...It is definitely something to get used to on the size difference!

I'm surprised how something this small and thin has a 4080 mah battery packed inside. So far the battery is stellar but hasn't been on a full charge yet.

The speakers are fine to me and calls are loud enough and clear under the glass if not mono.

Thank God no gaps.

The phone feels good in the hand, not cheap at all and has decent weight for its size. It is somewhat slippery without a case.

The haptics are not as pronounced as my 3XL but is better than my work phone, iPhone 7. The haptics can be tweaked in the sound menu, sadly though, the default setting is already maxed out.

Overall I'm really feeling the P5. I think my biggest hurdle is getting used the the smaller size.

Well that's all I have for now, I hope I have given some good insight.

Last edited:

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: So Far, So Good. Only...

I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and...

I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and...well...It is definitely something to get used to on the size difference!

I'm surprised how something this small and thin has a 4080 mah battery packed inside. So far the battery is stellar but hasn't been on a full charge yet.

The speakers are fine to me and calls are loud enough and clear under glass if not mono.

Thank God no gaps.

The phone feels good in the hand, not cheap at all and has decent weight for its size. It is somewhat slippery without a case.

The haptics are not as pronounced as my 3XL but is better than my work phone, iPhone 7. The haptics can be tweaked in the sound menu, sadly though, the default setting is already maxed out.

Overall I'm really feeling the P5. I think my biggest hurdle is getting used the the smaller size.

Thanks for the update glad to hear you are having a positive experience.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

I apologize for the Title I wasn't trying to steal from AnnDroid's post. I tried to edit but I couldn't. My title should be "I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and..."

If someone knows how to fix this I would be very appreciative.

EDIT. Got it fixed:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I heard the haptic feedback is a new setting under setting in sounds , maybe check any adjustments there .

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I apologize for the Title I wasn't trying to steal from AnnDroid's post. I tried to edit but I couldn't. My title should be "I own a 3XL and my P5 came today and..."

If someone knows how to fix this I would be very appreciative.

EDIT. Got it fixed:)
And I was just thinking I stole your Title. Great minds think alike.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Someone asked me about the keyboard being smaller. How are you getting along with it? I'm making so many mistakes.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I feel the 12 pro max will have a better camera than both do to the larger sensor. I'm waiting on that. Hoping ios 14 gives me a close enough android experience. the size of the P5 is what dissuaded me.
I have had all 4 XL pixel versions.
Google has sat on their camera lead for years and I feel they aren't trying hard ...

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

The speakers are fine to me and calls are loud enough and clear under the glass if not mono.

Thank God no gaps.

Received my pixel 5 today and still not 100% done setting it up but so far so good. No gap between the screen and frame on my sage model either. Really love the look and feel and indeed it looks way better in person.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for your review - you definitely gave some wonderful insight!

That's good to know about the speakers. I've heard mixed reviews on them. And Wow, I did NOT know the size of that battery... Huge! Very impressive! Glad you are enjoying your new Pixel 5 so far!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for your review - you definitely gave some wonderful insight!

That's good to know about the speakers. I've heard mixed reviews on them. And Wow, I did NOT know the size of that battery... Huge! Very impressive! Glad you are enjoying your new Pixel 5 so far!

The speakers are nothing to brag about when it comes to consuming media the pixel 3a has significant better sound, however, they are definitely good enough and by all means not a deal breaker for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The speakers are nothing to brag about when it comes to consuming media the pixel 3a has significant better sound, however, they are definitely good enough and by all means not a deal breaker for me.

It's always a little saddening when the media isn't exactly what you were hoping it would be. Being passable is good though - at least it's not a deal breaker, like you say! Did you ever have the Pixel 2? I thought that did a decent job with its front-facing speakers.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Someone asked me about the keyboard being smaller. How are you getting along with it? I'm making so many mistakes.
Not sure how much Gboard can be customised but I've always used SwiftKey and can adjust the keyboard to half the size of the screen on the P5. HTH, David.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

{Snip}

I made the same move and you absolutely nailed my exact comments. Battery life has far exceeded my expectations.

It's taking me a few days to get used to the slightly smaller size, but the screen size itself really isn't that much different. I'm beginning to like the smaller form factor.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The smaller device is one of the reasons why I wanted it. Wish they made an XL model as well for people like you who prefer a large display hrs a shame.
I'm almost ready to send the P5 back. I can't get used to the smaller device and it's really the keyboard.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I always use the BlackBerry keyboard which has large keys and works well for me. Less fiddling around than with GBoard.
Does it do swipe? I looked in the play store and there seems to be many to pick from. Who is the developer for the one you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12