11-30-2020 11:04 PM
35 12
tools
    According to Tom's Guide, the Pixel 5 Pro model could be released as early as March to take on the iPhone 12 and Galaxy S21.

I think I'll wait and see.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-30-2020 06:47 PM
    I saw an article referring to that possibly - phone was called Pixel 6 in that article

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/pixel...-12-galaxy-s21
    10-30-2020 06:59 PM
    Google has never released a "Pro" model before, right? I wonder if they are mistaking the possible Pixel 5a in the Spring for some Pro model?
    10-30-2020 07:07 PM
    I saw the same article. Also saw one that refutes this. If it's true, I'd be interested in a pro.....
    AnnDroid and J Dubbs like this.
    10-30-2020 07:15 PM
    Huh. Interesting. Let's see if this gets substantiated before black Friday. Although I wouldn't want a phone too much bigger than the 5, and want fingerprint over face unlock
    10-31-2020 01:46 PM
    Oh sure, my Pixel 5 is on the way. Haven't even gotten the phone yet and already it's obsolete.
    J Dubbs, Morty2264 and the_boon like this.
    10-31-2020 05:02 PM
    Wow, really? How exciting! Can't wait to see if that becomes a thing!
    11-02-2020 09:11 PM
    Not happening. When is the last time Google released a phone that didn't start leaking 6 months early?

Every year the Pixel Prime/Pro rumor circulates and every year it remains the same.... a rumor.
    eshropshire likes this.
    11-13-2020 07:53 PM
    Not happening. When is the last time Google released a phone that didn't start leaking 6 months early?

Every year the Pixel Prime/Pro rumor circulates and every year it remains the same.... a rumor.
    Funsucker lol
    11-14-2020 11:08 AM
    Oh sure, my Pixel 5 is on the way. Haven't even gotten the phone yet and already it's obsolete.
    Isn't it downright crazy how these things happen?!
    11-15-2020 10:01 PM
    Won't be for me if they make it bigger and reduce battery life

I've lusted after a light pure android phone that could last all day for years , can't see what a pro would bring to the table
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-19-2020 03:03 AM
    Won't be for me if they make it bigger and reduce battery life

I've lusted after a light pure android phone that could last all day for years , can't see what a pro would bring to the table
    Bigger phones just become more and more unusable for me, so à Pixel Pro phone will not be in my wheelhouse, sadly.
    11-19-2020 08:20 AM
    Huh. Interesting. Let's see if this gets substantiated before black Friday. Although I wouldn't want a phone too much bigger than the 5, and want fingerprint over face unlock
    If this doesn't get announced, I'll be back in Sammyland, unfortunately. The deals on the S20 FE look too good right now and they have an ear speaker that is actually visible and not limiting like I've read about this wretched design. If I get wind there will be another P5 out in March, I will wait and see if this horrible design is fixed b/c I really don't want to go back to Sammy. Aside from the touchscreen issue that won't affect me based on my typical usage, it looks like a good phone and will be stellar value.
    11-19-2020 03:13 PM
    If this doesn't get announced, I'll be back in Sammyland, unfortunately. The deals on the S20 FE look too good right now and they have an ear speaker that is actually visible and not limiting like I've read about this wretched design. If I get wind there will be another P5 out in March, I will wait and see if this horrible design is fixed b/c I really don't want to go back to Sammy. Aside from the touchscreen issue that won't affect me based on my typical usage, it looks like a good phone and will be stellar value.
    I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue). While I wouldn't mind dual front facing speakers, it was the sacrifice taken for the nearly lack of bezels. Some like this trade off, others don't. If this PRO model pans out to be true I cannot imagine Google taking a different design language but then again Google seems to be all over the place with Pixel devices of this year.

Maybe it'll be called the Pixel 5 Pro 5G Max Extreme Jumbo Chungus in Maybe Perhaps Not So Slate color.

In all seriousness I'm not getting my hopes up for this pro model.

I just sold my 3A XL today and for now I've switched to the "dark" side of iOS and bought myself an iPhone XR. My family and friends are mostly on the iOS world and I don't need the latest with iPhones. I'm waiting to see if I cave in to any of the available Pixel devices this year or wait until next release. For my personal preferences I would not use any other Android phone but a Pixel.
    11-19-2020 03:34 PM
    I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue).
    I have a P5 - I am 77 years old with 77 year old ears - that makes me 154 in "ear years" and I can say that the hearing during calls is not an issue for me - SO - buy the phone - it is returnable you know - don't make me have to repeat this again - EVER!
    bkdodger2, J Dubbs and aximtreo like this.
    11-19-2020 03:53 PM
    I have a P5 - I am 77 years old with 77 year old ears - that makes me 154 in "ear years" and I can say that the hearing during calls is not an issue for me - SO - buy the phone - it is returnable you know - don't make me have to repeat this again - EVER!
    Yes Sir!

I think I may have just wet my pants.
    ezdoit, J Dubbs and aximtreo like this.
    11-19-2020 03:59 PM
    For calls the speaker sounds absolutely fine

It's really weird for notifications though very tinny, like a Sky News update

Doesn't bother me but it's odd

Yet when you play a vid on You Tube again it's fine, I think some sounds just come from the top speaker
    11-19-2020 04:00 PM
    I'm simply going to find out for myself as well. Waiting on black Friday prices, will baby the phone for a couple days, make lots of phone calls and see what I think.
    ezdoit likes this.
    11-19-2020 04:42 PM
    But times have changed. Maybe google see there's a real demand for a bigger pixel. Hopefully at least 6.5 inches like the 8T and S20 FE
    11-19-2020 07:15 PM
    I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue). While I wouldn't mind dual front facing speakers, it was the sacrifice taken for the nearly lack of bezels. Some like this trade off, others don't. If this PRO model pans out to be true I cannot imagine Google taking a different design language but then again Google seems to be all over the place with Pixel devices of this year.

Maybe it'll be called the Pixel 5 Pro 5G Max Extreme Jumbo Chungus in Maybe Perhaps Not So Slate color.

In all seriousness I'm not getting my hopes up for this pro model.

I just sold my 3A XL today and for now I've switched to the "dark" side of iOS and bought myself an iPhone XR. My family and friends are mostly on the iOS world and I don't need the latest with iPhones. I'm waiting to see if I cave in to any of the available Pixel devices this year or wait until next release. For my personal preferences I would not use any other Android phone but a Pixel.
    Same here.. only android for me is a pixel But as my eyes get older, I need my screens to get bigger, and the pixels this year aren't doing it for me spec or size wise. They're good phones, just not exciting me
    11-20-2020 08:11 AM
    Same here.. only android for me is a pixel But as my eyes get older, I need my screens to get bigger, and the pixels this year aren't doing it for me spec or size wise. They're good phones, just not exciting me
    Maybe if they come out with the Pixel 5 XL or "Pro" model that rumours have been stating, it may be a good option for you!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-20-2020 08:21 AM
    Any updates on this or just fake stories circling around? Would love a pixel 5 pro with that larger screen.
    11-30-2020 06:47 AM
    Just a few stories a while back, as far as I know. I haven't seen anything in a while.
    11-30-2020 06:49 AM
    Any updates on this or just fake stories circling around? Would love a pixel 5 pro with that larger screen.
    Agreed, but why call it the Pro if its just a XL version. There would have to be some sought up upgrades. Maybe face unlock? or on screen finger print scanner? 120 hertz refresh?

But yeah an XL version would be a real winner IMO. I returned the P5 due to its size and tiny sounding voice calls. I replaced it with the 4a 5G and I'm liking it more than the P5. Mainly do to the top speaker grill which makes sound call quality better and the larger screen.
    11-30-2020 03:03 PM
    We bought both the 5 and the 4a 5G, one for me and one for my wife. She chose the 5 for the smaller size; the speaker quality is fine on it. I'm glad she chose the 5, as, coming from my 2XL, I find it too small. I'm enjoying the 4a 5G. Good size, great screen, fast enough for my needs, sound is good. I miss the water resistance, but I guess that means I have to be extra careful.

Agreed, but why call it the Pro if its just a XL version. There would have to be some sought up upgrades. Maybe face unlock? or on screen finger print scanner? 120 hertz refresh?

But yeah an XL version would be a real winner IMO. I returned the P5 due to its size and tiny sounding voice calls. I replaced it with the 4a 5G and I'm liking it more than the P5. Mainly do to the top speaker grill which makes sound call quality better and the larger screen.
    11-30-2020 04:15 PM
35 12