How's your Camera been (Pixel 5).

MartyLL

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
To all the Pixel 5 users and enthusiasts how's your time been with the Pixel 5 camera? Have you taken some great shots yet from the main or selfie camera? Have you taken a photo and just been gobsmacked at how good it's been? If so get posting! - I'm still waiting on mine to arrive :-(

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To all the Pixel 5 users and enthusiasts how's your time been with the Pixel 5 camera? Have you taken some great shots yet from the main or selfie camera? Have you taken a photo and just been gobsmacked at how good it's been? If so get posting! - I'm still waiting on mine to arrive :-(
Haha, you yup I hear you completely!

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I think my Pixel 3 takes better photos. I miss the HDR and HDR+ toggle. I notice more grain in the low light images. If you ask the the camera is rather crappy. I do like the wide angle images, that was a nice touch but the image quality is poor.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think my Pixel 3 takes better photos. I miss the HDR and HDR+ toggle. I notice more grain in the low light images. If you ask the the camera is rather crappy. I do like the wide angle images, that was a nice touch but the image quality is poor.
I'm Excited for the wide-angle camera lens. All of the comparisons have shown that the camera is on par if not slightly better. I'm also excited for a lot more battery power and one handed use. Haha

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm Excited for the wide-angle camera lens. All of the comparisons have shown that the camera is on par if not slightly better. I'm also excited for a lot more battery power and one handed use. Haha

I came from the pixel 3. I like the one handed use with the fingerprint reader on the back. It feels a little better with a case just like the pixel 3 did. As for the battery, I am very impressed. Getting 6 hours of screen on time and still have 40% left at night. i stream the radio all morning at work and for the first hour and a half, I'm still at 100% It is 1130am and I have been using my phone all morning since 5am with over 90 minutes of screen on time and my battery says 96%

I am just a little bummed about the quality of the images. I do not think they are as good as the pixel 3. Seems I have to adjust low light images to get what was just point and shoot on the pixel 3. A little disappointed there.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I came from the pixel 3. I like the one handed use with the fingerprint reader on the back. It feels a little better with a case just like the pixel 3 did. As for the battery, I am very impressed. Getting 6 hours of screen on time and still have 40% left at night. i stream the radio all morning at work and for the first hour and a half, I'm still at 100% It is 1130am and I have been using my phone all morning since 5am with over 90 minutes of screen on time and my battery says 96%

I am just a little bummed about the quality of the images. I do not think they are as good as the pixel 3. Seems I have to adjust low light images to get what was just point and shoot on the pixel 3. A little disappointed there.
well the main reason I'm running for the XL versus the base 3 is because of the battery obviously. A lot of people saying the camera is slightly better than our phones but even if it's just the same I don't really care. The battery I'm excited about immensely! Just a wide angle lense is a benefit benefits. honestly from all the photos samples I've seen from tech YouTubers that we all follow, the quality of their pictures look on par if not slightly better in my taste. And video quality is better by far! Plus reverse wireless charging for pixel buds. Which color did you order?

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree with everything you've said here, I'm the same person above MartyLL but I cannot get into my account because the password reset on AC is terrible! Using an old account I was able to log in with.

Anywho the camera on my Pixel 3 for me as well seems better front and back I've now had 2 Pixel 5s one sent back due to the camera not being up to scratch to be sent another for it to be the same so looks like this just is the camera this year. Pics very noisy with loads of grain and not a lot of detail even in the viewfinder when your ready to take a picture the amount of noise is absolutely crazy I honestly think the Pixel 3 is better if the battery wasn't so bad on it I'd send this back and might still do and go for the Pixel 4 or maybe something else. Not overly happy with the camera at the minute.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything you've said here, I'm the same person above MartyLL but I cannot get into my account because the password reset on AC is terrible! Using an old account I was able to log in with.

Anywho the camera on my Pixel 3 for me as well seems better front and back I've now had 2 Pixel 5s one sent back due to the camera not being up to scratch to be sent another for it to be the same so looks like this just is the camera this year. Pics very noisy with loads of grain and not a lot of detail even in the viewfinder when your ready to take a picture the amount of noise is absolutely crazy I honestly think the Pixel 3 is better if the battery wasn't so bad on it I'd send this back and might still do and go for the Pixel 4 or maybe something else. Not overly happy with the camera at the minute.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're had a very not so fun experience so far. I hope my experience is better. Lol that's for sure.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Eric let me know how you get on pal. I'm so wanting to like the camera but I just can't at the minute. I'll test the camera better over the coming days then I'll fully know for sure if I can see if it's got better or not. I've my Pixel 3 I can snap side by side with it so I can pick out what looks sharp and detailed and the overall better pics.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Eric let me know how you get on pal. I'm so wanting to like the camera but I just can't at the minute. I'll test the camera better over the coming days then I'll fully know for sure if I can see if it's got better or not. I've my Pixel 3 I can snap side by side with it so I can pick out what looks sharp and detailed and the overall better pics.
Yeah, absolutely Marty! Once I get it I'll test it myself to know for sure! Then I'll report back... trust me dude, I had pretty guy not either. Only time will tell. But most of the reviews online say good if not great things about it overall.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Which color did you order?

I got the Sage. I have pixel buds and I have pixel stands for charging. I charge the buds on the stand. Charging them on the phone requires you to go into system setting and turning it on. It doesn't stay on. It does stay on when the phone is plugged in, but I dont charge my phone that way. I imagine in an emergency it would be ok to use the phone to charge other devices, but having to go into the settings to turn it on is a pain. It would be nice if there was a setting in the quick menu for this.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I have to agree with you here. The noise is horrible in some images. Hopefully they will update the software soon.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the Sage. I have pixel buds and I have pixel stands for charging. I charge the buds on the stand. Charging them on the phone requires you to go into system setting and turning it on. It doesn't stay on. It does stay on when the phone is plugged in, but I dont charge my phone that way. I imagine in an emergency it would be ok to use the phone to charge other devices, but having to go into the settings to turn it on is a pain. It would be nice if there was a setting in the quick menu for this.
yeah, I think the sage green looks freaking awesome as well! I got the pixel buds as well. I think I might use the reverse wireless charging a bit. I know you have to enable it manually and turn it on from a quick settings tile that you can set up as well. I mean for me I'll probably use that feature quite a bit. That and the 8 gigs of RAM versus 4 and my Pixel 3 XL,. However, I never noticed any sluggishness or slowdowns on my 3XL, but more memory is never a bad thing! That and the 90 hz refresh rate on the screen sounds awesome!

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
yeah, I think the sage green looks freaking awesome as well! I got the pixel buds as well. I think I might use the reverse wireless charging a bit. I know you have to enable it manually and turn it on from a quick settings tile that you can set up as well. I mean for me I'll probably use that feature quite a bit. That and the 8 gigs of RAM versus 4 and my Pixel 3 XL,. However, I never noticed any sluggishness or slowdowns on my 3XL, but more memory is never a bad thing! That and the 90 hz refresh rate on the screen sounds awesome!
I never saw the battery share in quick settings. I only found it in the battery settings. Im glad it is there.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I never saw the battery share in quick settings. I only found it in the battery settings. Im glad it is there.
haha, yeah dude, I hear you! I saw that on Marquee brownlee's and Engadget review on YouTube. It's in the quick settings as a tile!

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I have to agree with you here. The noise is horrible in some images. Hopefully they will update the software soon.

Gus I honestly have no idea why it's giving out so much noise/grain even when the viewfinder is on when your ready to take a picture the noise is everywhere - I think me coming from the Pixel 3 and still having a Pixel 2 they both front and back gave me awesome pics without so much noise. I just hope this isn't a fault with the Pixel 5 because I've seen some awesome shots on Reddit and I'm hoping to replicate them to see if mine makes the pictures show up any different. I have another thread about the Pixel 5 front facing camera with sample pics in the forum as well the quality from the 3 bests the 5 in sharpness and detail alone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gus I honestly have no idea why it's giving out so much noise/grain even when the viewfinder is on when your ready to take a picture the noise is everywhere - I think me coming from the Pixel 3 and still having a Pixel 2 they both front and back gave me awesome pics without so much noise. I just hope this isn't a fault with the Pixel 5 because I've seen some awesome shots on Reddit and I'm hoping to replicate them to see if mine makes the pictures show up any different. I have another thread about the Pixel 5 front facing camera with sample pics in the forum as well the quality from the 3 bests the 5 in sharpness and detail alone.
I mean I agree with you. Maybe you got a defective phone? I've seen spectacular pictures from Android Central, 9 to 5 Google etc. Mhmm...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza